Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will soon be testing out Cquartz dlux and Ultimate TTGP in the mix. They were not delivered in time for the head to head.

The vinyl was deep cleaned with 1z deep plastic cleaner and brushes then dried. All products were applied with microfiber towels. All products were applied in 3 separate treatments over the course of 10 minutes. It was warm enough for the products to set up between applications.

Before:

First up, Wolfgang exterior trim sealant applied on the left after 3 applications.

I taped off the Wolfgang(overlapping on top of the product...full disclosure and all) and applied the 1z next.

Your eyes are not tricking you. After 15~20 minutes, the Wolfgang more-or-less disappeared. This is the biggest surprise from this whole bit. I have nothing against Autogeek and I have no axe to grind in regards to them(I like the company). The Wolfgang Trim Sealant just didn`t do anything. It may be that I received a bad mix/batch which is not impossible. Bottom line, it didn`t do anything in this case.

I did the same thing for the 303, I taped over the 1z so that the product could bump right against the 1z.

The 303 went all the way around the right corner.

There was a bit of an optical illusion with these photos. You will see a darker bit move around in some of the latter shots. This is a reflection of my black shirt making that spot look darker/deeper. I tried to split the difference in this shot. You can still see a hard line that separates the 1z and 303.

Finale

It`s not very easy to tell from the shots, but I believe the 1z won in terms of appearance and I know from personal experience that the 1z can last a few months. I ended up recoating the whole whale tail underside with the 1z as well as treating all of the exterior vinyl with it. In my book 1z stands above these others.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    I guessed the outcome before I read your post. I have made the same findings as well. Neat to see it done on the whale tail lip also.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool write up JC! Thanks for taking the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean-Claude, is the 1Z Rubber Care a new product or something that`s been around a long time? Do you have experience with it after it`s been in the rain a few times?

Thanks for the comparo!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s been out. if JC doesn`t mind me commenting. In my testing and reviews at didn`t last long. It was rain proof a few times and didn`t streak but was gone much faster than my 2-3 favorites

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG
    It`s been out. if JC doesn`t mind me commenting. In my testing and reviews at didn`t last long. It was rain proof a few times and didn`t streak but was gone much faster than my 2-3 favorites

Which are your 2-3 favourites?

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s been out. if JC doesn`t mind me commenting. In my testing and reviews at didn`t last long.

Thanks for confirming, Corey. I`ve got a couple bottles of this stuff and don`t think I`ve ever used it on the exterior. I do like it on the interior.

May taste for exterior products like this has been somewhat limited. I find most wash away in the first rain and end up leaving a streaky-stained mess...certainly not what one would want for a better-kept auto I`ll tell ya, I do have my eye on the Cquartz dlux. That looks like the real deal and a product I`d like to try.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Which are your 2-3 favourites?

My three favorites are CarPro Perl, Ultima Trim and tire guard, and CarPro Dlux. Not in that specific order but all for different reasons. CarPro perl because it`s extremely versatile and the value is great especially after you dilute it and it still lasts longer than the traditional products on most plastics. Ultima trim and tire guard because it`s very durable although it does not darken as much and Dlux because it`s extremely durable and it darkens very well.

In order my favorite would be Dlux then Ultima then Perl but keeping in mind that would all vary based on exactly what it was you are looking for in a product. Versatility on different areas, durability, darkness, and cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...[a good one is]... Ultima trim and tire guard because it`s very durable although it does not darken as much ...

Same finding here, good for stuff that`s in nice shape but not for "restoring" bits that`ve faded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great post Jean-Claude, I can`t believe that about the WG. Did you contact AG about this and see if maybe they would replace it for another round of testing? This would put to rest weather it was a old/poor batch. I myself have been eyeing the DLux but the 1Z looks like a nice alternative. AutoGeek says Tiefenpfleger repels dust, have you noticed any of this? I know the underside of the Whale tail might not be the best place to test this, just curious if it was true or just hype.

Lovely ride! :clap1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NotQuiteAPro
    Great post Jean-Claude, I can`t believe that about the WG. Did you contact AG about this and see if maybe they would replace it for another round of testing? This would put to rest weather it was a old/poor batch. I myself have been eyeing the DLux but the 1Z looks like a nice alternative. AutoGeek says Tiefenpfleger repels dust, have you noticed any of this? I know the underside of the Whale tail might not be the best place to test this, just curious if it was true or just hype.

Lovely ride! :clap1:

Tienfenpfleger is not wet to the touch and not greasy. As far a actively "repelling" dust, no idea. I think by nature of being dry to the touch, they may be able to advertise that though. I will be posting up a review of dlux(just got it in), 1z and another product soon.

I can say this though. If you get 1z, you will not be disappointed. It can be used on the interior as well as exterior. I`ve used it for years and have been so stinking happy with it. Dlux may(or may not) be better, but we`ll see at what cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my 1Z rubber and vinyl spray a few days ago and applied it yesterday, both on my rubber window seals and outside moldings, as well as my interior and dash. The instructions say not to use on seats, peddles and steering wheel. I have a 2012 MB ML350 and although I love 303, I wanted to try something that was made with Mercedes and BMW in mind. I was not disappointed. It went on easy with a foam applicator pad so I never had to spray the surface, followed a few minutes later with a terry towel buff to remove any excess. It darkened things a bit, more on the black exterior parts than the tan interior. I don`t want to call it a "shine" on the black but the black was more vivid and pronounced. I drove 80 miles today and there was no dust on the exterior parts I treated. Lets hope it lasts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shortspark
    I received my 1Z rubber and vinyl spray a few days ago and applied it yesterday, both on my rubber window seals and outside moldings, as well as my interior and dash. The instructions say not to use on seats, peddles and steering wheel. I have a 2012 MB ML350 and although I love 303, I wanted to try something that was made with Mercedes and BMW in mind. I was not disappointed. It went on easy with a foam applicator pad so I never had to spray the surface, followed a few minutes later with a terry towel buff to remove any excess. It darkened things a bit, more on the black exterior parts than the tan interior. I don`t want to call it a "shine" on the black but the black was more vivid and pronounced. I drove 80 miles today and there was no dust on the exterior parts I treated. Lets hope it lasts!

I use the term low to medium sheen. I think it fits 1z nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be really interested to see what it looks like on interior pieces as well, those would be nice if you would snap a 50/50 of 303 vs 1z. Particularly if its black.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don`t always drink car care products... but when I do I prefer ONR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information