Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Been reading the threads on detailing world forum from over in the UK and I noticed that they seem to use a lot more wax. Outside of Collinite, I don`t see a whole lot of wax used in the US and a lot more sealants. I wonder why that is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most "waxes" sold today are more "sealant" than "wax" in their actual formulation.

Each market is different and if people are comfortable with the term "wax", why reinvent the wheel?

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps its market or cooler temps. Waxes don`t last long at all where its hot any rainy, which is why most of us use sealants in the summer. Take a look at the guys in the tropical areas, Asia especially, all they use are sealants. In fact Meguiars markets their coating over there and not here.

Post Thanks / Like
    And tyres instead of tires...interesting world across the pond. I read Daily Mail -UK for the English news you won`t find anywhere else. I would like to visit, but don`t think I would EVER adapt to their way of life. That driving on the wrong side would kill me in a week!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    I would like to visit, but don`t think I would EVER adapt to their way of life. That driving on the wrong side would kill me in a week!
    And trying to shift with your left hand!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Perhaps its market or cooler temps. Waxes don`t last long at all where its hot any rainy, which is why most of us use sealants in the summer. T

Golly, I have it all backwards. During the non-winter months, I use a carnauba on my S2K beauty. During the winter months I use a sealant, because I assume (hope) it will get me through the winter. But in April, I return to carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill
    And trying to shift with your left hand!

not as hard as you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Perhaps its market or cooler temps.

Must be the reason, cause I just can`t bring my self to become a wax user with all the Polymer Paint Sealants that are on the market. They hands down last longer, are easier to apply/remove and look better.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know Dave, I like sealants too, but on ceratin colors like black or blizzard pearl white (have both at home) there are a couple waxes that give a look that surpasses everything else. The draw back is they don`t last as long.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I still like the warm wet glow of carnaubas. Plus, while they might not last as long, they tend to protect better against bird bombs.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    i also notice that there are a lot of waxes in europe. dodo juice and swissvax sell a lot of different kind of waxes. DDJ is famous in DW. there`s raceglaze too, and a lot to mention.
    "Don`t" and "Stop" are two words as threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to exhaust for the rest of the night. - Replies to Juliet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    They hands down last longer, are easier to apply/remove and look better.

I don`t know about lasting longer David. Although some offerings like P21S and Dodo Juice will only last around 8 weeks, most sealants we`ve used in our shop including Powerlock, Blackfire AFPP and other are usually gone by the 4 month mark. I can`t think of one sealant other than maybe the new ones like Wolf`s Body Wrap that will outlast Collinite 476, Raceglaze55 or even Autoglym Hi Def. Our climate up here is cool most of the year with a crap load of rain all winter. As for looking better, there is only opinion. You can`t beat a nuba on solids. Your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    And tyres instead of tires...interesting world across the pond. I read Daily Mail -UK for the English news you won`t find anywhere else. I would like to visit, but don`t think I would EVER adapt to their way of life. That driving on the wrong side would kill me in a week!

As a Brit I tend to find it is (almost) the rest of the world which drives on the wrong side

I am not really sure why we seem to have so many waxes (synthetic or otherwise) in Europe, the sealants (Gtech, Permanon etc) seem to sell very well but waxes such as Bilt Hamber`s Finis for example do seem to be very well regarded by many (including me) so maybe it is just the wax crowd are more vocal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowejackson
    As a Brit I tend to find it is (almost) the rest of the world which drives on the wrong side

All I know is that we always drive on the right side of the road.
    "Don`t" and "Stop" are two words as threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to exhaust for the rest of the night. - Replies to Juliet

Post Thanks / Like
    it rains too much over here in the uk, the wax helps with protecting the paint from water. everyone goes mad for beading pics. i think thats why we have so many waxes to choose from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information