Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet quite a few people (Accumulator) will start hoarding the old stuff. It`s going to be a tough act to follow for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Despite being around for a very long time, SRP won the Polish Of The Year on Detailing World.

I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I bet quite a few people (Accumulator) will start hoarding the old stuff. It`s going to be a tough act to follow for sure.

Truth be told, I got sold on this stuff after reading Dave KG`s testing/ evaluations a while back. Not a big fan of the occassional dusting and the often stiff applications especially when Im not working it via machine. Im definitely looking to try the new version.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t care for the old version. I found there are better offerings out there.
    :buffingolishing paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.:buffing:

I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Mejia
    I didn`t care for the old version. I found there are better offerings out there.

What are the better offerings in comparison to SRP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usdm

The new version

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

Heh heh....nah, I don`t see any downside to the new one (though I`m not gonna put all *that* much stock in that one review) and I don`t use it enough to really need to stockpile it anyhow. A bottle of the stuff lasts me for many years; I might already have enough for this lifetime.

I was wondering that too, but then there are all sorts of reasons to prefer one such product over another.

Note that while I`m a big proponent of SRP, as I just posted above, I don`t really use it very often.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Accum. I started using it along with EGP about 1 1/2, maybe 2 years ago and love this combination. The shine and gloss is next to none and the durability I found to be excellent. I just applied a second application to my vehicle two days ago after taking care of some very minor scratches. Anyway, this is the second application I applied in about 8 months, and it was still beading like I just put it on two days ago. Anyway, the reason for application is because of the polishing needed to remove the scratches. The "pop" in metallics is unbelievable with this combination. Actually, I just researched a post I did, and wow...how time flies. The SRP/EGP has actually been on for about a year and a half. I applied it in July 2010, and it still beaded like it was just applied. Keeping in mind proper washing techniques and no other applications of wax/sealant applied since then. Here is a link to that thread with some pics of the SRP/EGP showing how the product actually makes the metallic pop and show the "hues" in the color. I wonder how much better the new formula is? Anyway, as Accum. said, a little goes a loooong way, so I don`t see the need to stock pile it either.

Here is the link to my previous post:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...tra-gloss.html
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street5927
    .....Here is the link to my previous post:....

Nice pictures of your work and car

I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I think of it, I havent even scratched the surface when it comes to all the stuff thats been around for a while, or, a lot of the new stuff for that matter. So, I guess there very well may be better solutions out there. Im always open to trying anything better.

In the meantime, I just found a quart of 3m Fill n Glaze in the garage. And I got me some Mothers Sealer and Glaze in the basement. Gots me thinking............:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    As I think of it, I havent even scratched the surface when it comes to all the stuff thats been around for a while, or, a lot of the new stuff for that matter. So, I guess there very well may be better solutions out there. Im always open to trying anything better.

In the meantime, I just found a quart of 3m Fill n Glaze in the garage. And I got me some Mothers Sealer and Glaze in the basement. Gots me thinking............:waxing:

Ha, the waxing smiley.

They need to get this at walmart pronto. I mean i saw the wax there for a brief period so what is up with the srp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Affordable/Mobile

Post Thanks / Like
    You can find SRP at Pep Boys, I think Wally World is done with Autoglym. I still can`t believe they had a $50 wax.

I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hacadacalopolis
    They need to get this at walmart pronto. I mean i saw the wax there for a brief period so what is up with the srp.

There is no place locally here that offers the AG line. And Im thinking if they just released it in the UK, it will probably be a lil while before we get it here in the states.

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely love SRP. I wonder how different the new version will be? Hard to make a great product better.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information