Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t posted anything on Autopia in a while, so here goes.....

Today’s project is a 2007 Honda Accord. I’m not doing a full polish on this one so it gave the perfect chance to try a new product to me – Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

I started by washing it with Dawn and claying with my Canadian clay. (Don’t tell Gov. Brewer, she may have my clay deported.) :ca

This sticker really needed to come off. I warmed it up with a hair dryer and gently scraped it off. I cleaned up the glue with some sap/tar remover.

Then I taped up the area and hit it with a gentle wet sanding (2000 grit).

M105

Menzerna PO85RD

Presto!

The wheels came off for a thorough cleaning with Meguiars degreaser.

I cleaned up the exhaust tip with some Blue Magic metal polish.

So on to the Autoglym. I used a green polishing pad on my PC set to 4. AG goes on super easy and is even easier to take off. It can dust a bit but another fold of the towel and problem solved. The results are very clean. It probably won’t win any contests for depth or wetness but the shine is very nice. The only thing I am not sure of is the durability but so far I give it a bit of an edge over Klasse because it has minor correction ability. One down side is that the bottle says it can stain trim. I taped the trim on this car so I wouldn’t find out, which is something I would not “have” to do with Klasse. Overall, I really like this polish.

Here are a few after pics.

I hear voices in my mind and youre worried that youre the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job. :up

Thanks for taking the time and sharing. I`m a big fan of AG anything! SRP makes a nice base for EGP too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! That wheel looks better than new!

Two questions.....If you have used Poli-Seal, how does SRP compare, and what did you dress the tires with?

Post Thanks / Like
    SRP sounds like a hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Nice job. :up

Thanks for taking the time and sharing. I`m a big fan of AG anything! SRP makes a nice base for EGP too.

Ya, I am warming up to the Autoglym line. There are a few other products I need to try and EGP is one of them. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAVE
    Very nice! That wheel looks better than new!

Two questions.....If you have used Poli-Seal, how does SRP compare, and what did you dress the tires with?

I have not used Poli-Seal. In some ways I feel I am not part of the club because I haven`t, as if I haven`t drank the cool-aid yet. I need to.....

I used No Touch Tire care. It`s supposed to be a spray on and let it go type of product. I like to spray it on a bit heavy and just wipe it off. It leaves a nice "satin" finish (not a ton of shine but clean looking) that won`t fling all over the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    SRP sounds like a hit.

I hope so. I was tempted to top with another sealant but I want to test the longevity by itself. I`m always on the lookout for a good AIO but realize that a stand alone sealant may be better.

Post Thanks / Like
    biolink- Nice job...man did you get that exhaust tip clean!

Glad you`re trying SRP and liking it so far. You might try another application if you`re gonna leave it untopped. (Yeah, I know..cleaners, abrasives, *how can it layer?!?*, but it can if you apply the second coat very gently.) Otherwise, it`ll be interesting to see how long it lasts for you by itself.

I find it a little interesting that SRP is getting more attention these days. The whole Autoglym line is for that matter, what with Hi-Def at Walmart and all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    biolink- Nice job...man did you get that exhaust tip clean!

Glad you`re trying SRP and liking it so far. You might try another application if you`re gonna leave it untopped. (Yeah, I know..cleaners, abrasives, *how can it layer?!?*, but it can if you apply the second coat very gently.) Otherwise, it`ll be interesting to see how long it lasts for you by itself.

I find it a little interesting that SRP is getting more attention these days. The whole Autoglym line is for that matter, what with Hi-Def at Walmart and all.

Thanks!

Ya I saw the Autoglym at Wal Mart and had to strongly resist. I have enough wax for a 100 years....well you all know how that goes. I found this SRP at Pepboys in a 16oz bottle (v. 11 or so ounces on the internet) I do like it so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh, SRP at Pep Boys, who woulda thunk it? Mighty good stuff for OTC at the autoparts store!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup SRP looks great on that car. I loved our black 07 Accord... kinda miss it, but now we have a 10 Accord to care for in the stable. I miss those wheels tho (same as yours).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAVE

Just ordered some Poli-Seal. Can`t wait to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    You might try another application if you`re gonna leave it untopped. Otherwise, it`ll be interesting to see how long it lasts for you by itself.

Just ordered some Extra Gloss Protection to try over SRP.

Thread Information