Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this on another forum and wondered who had experience with it here. I saw a few old threads, but figured I would bump the topic in a new thread.

From Flashwax

Just Spray and rinse. No more scrubbing wheels!

Brown Royal is a specially formulated touchless cleaner that removes heavy baked on brake dust from clear coated, chrome and painted wheels.

Brown Royal removes brake dust, heavy grease, tar, bugs and contaminants from vehicle surfaces.

Brown Royal is a great engine cleaner and will not harm painted surfaces or service labels in the engine bay.

Brown Royal is a non-acid cleaner and safe on many surfaces.

Brown Royal is one of the best wheel cleaners in the world!

Do not use full strength on uncoated polished aluminum wheels/surfaces.

The youtube videos.

YouTube - Wheel Cleaning with Brown Royal non-acid Cleaner

YouTube - Brown Royal Non-acid Wheel Cleaner-Best Wheel Cleaner in the World!

So what I wanted to know, since it is pretty cheap, has any tried this before? Would you recommend wheel brightener over this, or just go with a mild wheel cleaner instead? I would like the ability to cut through very tough baked on dirt and dust. Yes, I read about the chemical information and what to use it on and not to use it on, etc.

Thanks for any input!

Post Thanks / Like
    Buuuump, lol.

Maybe I`ll stick with Wheel Brightener

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked into it after another member had posted a good comment about it. Their website lists it at 6-7bux a bottle, so who is willing to actually pull the trigger and try this stuff?

Post Thanks / Like
    $6-$7/bottle, then they want $9 for shipping. Lady who answers emails down there said they don`t make any money on shipping. Maybe they don`t, I don`t know.

And, don`t order online, I was going to but then my web browser popped up a dialog saying, "this page is encrypted, but the information you`re sending isn`t". Means if you order from there, your credit card will be sent over the internet in the clear.

Just call over the phone and order it if you want it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a gallon and a half, and so far I have been very pleased with it. As far as spray on hose off cleaners, this is the closest thing to actually doing that that I have tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it does a great job based on the youtube videos. I wish it wasn`t brown, as that makes it tough to tell the difference between product and junk coming off the wheel.

What would really help people decide to buy this stuff would be a side-by-side comparison. If I could see A2Z sprayed on a wheel next to Brown Royal, it would give me a basis of comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 15951

What would really help people decide to buy this stuff would be a side-by-side comparison. If I could see A2Z sprayed on a wheel next to Brown Royal, it would give me a basis of comparison.

While I haven`t done a side by side compo, I can definitely tell you I got a lot better cleaning results by the product alone using the Brown Royal (spray on hose off). I like A2Z a lot, but it doesn`t melt the brake dust off like the BR did. Take that for what it`s worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    i got a gallon quite a while ago and compared it to most every otc tire/wheel cleaner I could find.

Like JaredPointer, I found it cleaned way more than A2Z, and others like S100 gel, Autoglym gel, Westley`s, Amazing Roll Off, and a few minor others. When the otc ones plateaued out, the Brown Royal actually removed more grime.

At first, the brown colour bothered me then I started to realize it was ok because I could see the coverage and how well the rinse was going. Now I`m thinking the brown colour was/is a pretty good idea.

Another bonus is the fact it didn`t seem to destroy my interior organs like Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener promises. I still have three kidneys and two spleens and I`m feeling really perky.

If I lived in the USA, I`d use it all the time, varying the dilution rates. Shipping rates to Canada are big so I keep it strong and use it when strong is needed, otherwise the garage queen and the green gummer (winter driver) get A2Z or the S100 or the Autoglym stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies.

Do any of you users dilute it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve diluted it to several different ratios, and as expected, the more you dilute it the more the spray on rinse off factor deteriorates. I`ve been using it around 3:1 for most things and it seems to be a pretty good ratio for general to dirty cleaning.

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it works, I`ve got 2 gallons coming! Shipping to Michigan was $17.00, I added a gallon of another product to the order and shipping only went up $3.00.

I was in Florida last week and drove within 3 miles of this place!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by POPPAJ
    I hope it works, I`ve got 2 gallons coming! Shipping to Michigan was $17.00, I added a gallon of another product to the order and shipping only went up $3.00.

I was in Florida last week and drove within 3 miles of this place!!

Dang, I live in Michigan. Should have had you ship up a bunch more and I could pick it up, haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don`t like it PoppaJ, I`ll buy it from you and pay shipping too,

-John C.

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC
    If you don`t like it PoppaJ, I`ll buy it from you and pay shipping too,

-John C.

I`ll keep ya in mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, am I missing something here? Everyone bags on acid-based wheel cleaners because of their tendency to haze some finishes and also for their health issues. But high-pH cleaners are somehow safer? Heavy alkaline products can be just as risky to use for the wheels and the user. All you`re doing is going from one extreme on the pH scale to the other. If high-pH products are so safe, why do they require acid to neutralize their corrosive tendencies? Let`s all go stick our hands in lye and see how that turns out. Someone please tell me where my train of thought derailed on this, because it just doesn`t seem any safer to use than low-pH acids.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information