Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All,

I just purchased a suhweet 2007 Black Z06 and it is in need of some pop. I have a 7424 and a couple of products at my disposal and was looking for suggestions.

Car currently has light to medium swirls thanks to previous owner.

I have Megs 85, 83 and 80. Ill start with the 80 on a LC white pad and see the results, if not enough, Ill megs 80 with an orange. If still not enough ill Megs 83 orange, followed by a megs 80 on white.

I also have Megs 07 ` show car glaze. Can someone explain this product to me? I am kinda baffled about what it will do to finish, is this a polish or a filler glaze.

I also have some Klasse SG however this was good on my silver to brighten the paint, I do not think It will be good to add wetness to the paint. Thoughts?

For Waxes I have either P21S or Megs Yellow wax #26.

I appreciate the opinions!!! Let em fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    That GM paint is like a rock. I don`t think you`ll get too far even with the 83 and an orange. The current preferred combos here for hard paint are Meg`s 105/205, or Menzerna SIP/106FF or perhaps Power Finish as a one-step.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn`t address some of your other questions. A 7424 is now considered a little weak for your hard paint, with the 7424XP, G110, Griot`s, and Flex now on the market. I can`t figure out what to do with #7 really, either. It`s a filler glaze. Either of those waxes should be fine, once you get the swirls out (the #26 should last a bit longer). For "The Perfect Shine" put down the SG in a few layers before you wax (make sure you do an IPA wipe or use KAIO first).

Post Thanks / Like
    I will give you no opinions until you post pics of your car.

I never get sick of looking at Z06`s. Seriously.......

:nervous2::nervous2::nervous2:

J/K

Megs 105/205 (pads depending on severity of swirls/scratches) followed with 2 coats of Zaino Z5 topped with Zaino Z8. It will look amazing!

BTW, if you have the money, sell the PC and buy a Flex.
    2003 Silverado SS

Post Thanks / Like
    like a rock, no pun intended ehh? is 85 workable on pc, or is that rotary only? id like to use what i currently have

Post Thanks / Like
    Not too many people seem to use 85. I`m going to say that`s rotary-only, but I don`t see anything one way or the other on the Meg`s site (other than it`s got a cut of 10 and a rotary is being used on the label). I`ve never used it. That sounds like one of those compounds that Mike Phillips and SuperBee warn you can put in hazing with a PC that can only be removed by a rotary, tho....

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats on the ride - i have one as well and its just a dream come true.

Here is a thread I made a while back showing mine off after some Zaino love

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...clean-z06.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Will Klasse SG really look good on a black vehicle. I loved the way it made my 2006 Diamond Graphite (Gray) Inifiniti look, gave alot of pop to the flake. I just remember reading somewhere back in the day, the carnubas are best for the deep black wet look.

Maybe Im just trying to talk myself out of the multiple day procedure and the P.I.T.A that is removing KSG even with the Wipe on, Wipe off method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a look at this thread to see what a PC can do for a Vette in worse shape than yours.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...ep-untill.html

Thread Information