Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in the northeast and have had enough with temps in the teens and all of the snow this winter. After reading all of the reviews about ONR, I finally gave in and washed my steel gray BMW using ONR and the twin bucket, grit guard and MF towel method discussed in this forum.

I was astonished by the results. It was a painless process and the car looks amazing.

I`m sure this has been discussed before but has anyone attempted to inspect what is actually under ONR`s polymer residual finish to see if what kind of scratches are being caused by the process? I would have spritzed on some alcohol on a panel to see what was really going on but I was anxious to get back in the warm house since it was like 20 degrees out.

Thanks, Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve washed well over 2000 cars with ONR since it came out and have had no marring or scratching problems.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I`ve washed well over 2000 cars with ONR since it came out and have had no marring or scratching problems.

Thanks Scott. Your user feedback and videos helped me take the leap and try ONR out.

Have you ever wiped off the residual product with alcohol to see what the condition of the paint really is on any of these 2000 cars?

Once dried, the finish looks amazing after ONR but we could all be getting fooled by polymer fillers like quick detailer products leave behind, right? This would be the same test I would do when doing swirl removal just to see what it is actually happening to the paint.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I think due to the viscocity of the product, it lacks the ability to leave anything resembling "filling".....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah ONR is great stuff

Hey anyone have problems posting a new thread on the site?

I can`t seem to post... for some reason everytime I try it just gives me a blank screen after I "Submit" and then my thread never gets added.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first started using the rinseless products (ONR/QEW), I wasn`t using nearly enough water... using it more like a "wipe and shine" product...

... Big Mistake ...

But I learned from my mistakes.......

Rule #1 with "No Rinse" washes...

USE PLENTY OF WATER!!! Works great. I rarely use a hose anymore for any car.
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2buff

Once dried, the finish looks amazing after ONR but we could all be getting fooled by polymer fillers like quick detailer products leave behind, right?

Theres no big ONR cover up !:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    I mixed up a 55 Gallon drum of ONR as I only use it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had no issue`s with marring at all. I use one bucket method , but first I low pressure rinse and remove grit (in winter mostly). Then I I also lightly spray the panel with the QD mix , then I wipe/wash and dry .

Like any product that touches your paint it`s a no rinse wash , not a NO RINSE SCRUB...... "Tread Lightly"

Post Thanks / Like
    I had pretty good results on my Porsche paint, which was on the softer side of things. If it had snowed (and yes I drove it in the snow), just spray off the big stuff with a pressure washer (or coin-op at the very least) to get off the frozen slushy garbage (and hit the undercarriage too). After that an ONR brings out the shine nicely. Since I don`t have access to a hose with any quality of water, I just buy 5 gallons of distilled water in the store. I use about 1.5g in a small garden sprayer mixed with ONR and the other 3.5 for my rinse and wash buckets....probably a little extreme, but I like to err on the side of safety and prime the surface with the ONR from the sprayer before hitting it by hand.

Using that method, my Porsche did not have any swirling at all, except for a mark on the fender where someone`s belt rubbed when they put a leaflet on my windshield wiper for a $10 carwash...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2buff

Once dried, the finish looks amazing after ONR but we could all be getting fooled by polymer fillers like quick detailer products leave behind, right? This would be the same test I would do when doing swirl removal just to see what it is actually happening to the paint.....

There are no filling properties in ONR that I have observed. Believe me, if a car has swirls before I use ONR on it, the same swirls are still there after.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished using ONR today. Great stuff. I still can`t get past the No Rinse part, so I cheat. I mix ONR and Megs Gold Class in a bucket, and wash the car traditionally. What i really love about this stuff is that normally after a wash, I would have to immediately QD to get the gloss back that the paint was lacking. With this stuff, the dirt just slides off and whats left gets easily wiped away with my grout sponge. When I rinse the car off and dry, it looks like it was JUST WAXED, not washed, no need to QD after a wash anymore. Lov`in this stuff!!!

P.S. from time to time when its just too cold out, I use this stuff indoors... but I still enjoy a traditional wash!

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danspeed1
    I just finished using ONR today. Great stuff. I still can`t get past the No Rinse part, so I cheat. I mix ONR and Megs Gold Class in a bucket, and wash the car traditionally. What i really love about this stuff is that normally after a wash, I would have to immediately QD to get the gloss back that the paint was lacking. With this stuff, the dirt just slides off and whats left gets easily wiped away with my grout sponge. When I rinse the car off and dry, it looks like it was JUST WAXED, not washed, no need to QD after a wash anymore. Lov`in this stuff!!!

P.S. from time to time when its just too cold out, I use this stuff indoors... but I still enjoy a traditional wash!

DG

Do add ONR with the same dilution (1 oz / 2 gallons)?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been thinking about picking some up to use for when I go mobile. But as far as I`m concerned, my Foam Lance is just too much fun to use when I have the ability to use my pressure washer haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    Do add ONR with the same dilution (1 oz / 2 gallons)?

Yes sir!

DG

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information