Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read it suggested that these two polishes are actually the same thing. Is this accurate? Has anyone used both? The Wolfgang sells significantly cheaper and I`d love to cut costs if this is true.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both and they are similar. It`s impossible for anyone, except for the people making the products, to say product A is the exact same as product B. The Wolfgang polishes have been mixed by Menzerna and added something to reduce dusting. Remember the Wolfgang 3.0 is 16oz where the 106ff is 32 oz. If you don`t expect to use 32 oz, the Wolfgang will be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    This BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Compound is supposed to be SIP with more oils added to it. I`ve used it, and it`s not as good as the real SIP.

This BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish is supposed to be 106FF with more oils added to it. I haven`t used this one, so I can`t comment on it.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    I have used both and they are similar. It`s impossible for anyone, except for the people making the products, to say product A is the exact same as product B. The Wolfgang polishes have been mixed by Menzerna and added something to reduce dusting. Remember the Wolfgang 3.0 is 16oz where the 106ff is 32 oz. If you don`t expect to use 32 oz, the Wolfgang will be perfect.

For how much they want for 16OZ of the 3.0 WGFG it`s pretty stubborn not to spend another 20 bucks for twice the product. Works out let per ounce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    For how much they want for 16OZ of the 3.0 WGFG it`s pretty stubborn not to spend another 20 bucks for twice the product. Works out let per ounce.

The WFG is $9.99 Wolfgang Finishing Glaze ceates a smooth, glossy shine in preparation for a coat of sealant. so stubborn doesn`t really factor in.

EDIT: I didn`t even realize 3.0 was different. for $29.99 I`d agree. Is it the 3.0 that is supposed to be the same rather than what I linked?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I was talking about 3.0, not the origional.

I do think they are very close, maybe not similar, but even so, the Wolfgang 3.0 worked well enough for me to get it. I dont need 32oz of stuff.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheesh, what a cluster polish this turned into, in the other thread I was commenting on that clearance stuff, not the more expensive 3.0 which also clearly states it works on SRC`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Setec,

And I appreciated your comments. But wanted further clarification as I provided a link directly to what I was referring to and two people disagreed. I only created a second thread because it was getting off topic/would invite more specific feedback from people who weren`t following the other thread.

Thanks all. Much has been cleared up for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, no problem with you starting this thread, I just feel bad when we (myself and some others in the other thread) disagree about things when it`s because we`re talking about two different products. I did learn something now, that AG has a product analagous to the BF SRC Polish. I had actually bought some of the BF stuff a couple of years ago, wanting to get in on the action but knowing I wouldn`t need a whole quart/liter...it turns out I haven`t used the stuff yet...heck, I haven`t even gotten to use my FPII yet...hopefully in a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, Setec, you are gonna loooooove that FPII. I wish it were more effective on hard clear coats, cause IMHO it finishes even better than PO85RD. Definitely one of the better jeweling polishes.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    So the FPII is MONEY on soft clears, S.B.?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Oh man, Setec, you are gonna loooooove that FPII. I wish it were more effective on hard clear coats, cause IMHO it finishes even better than PO85RD. Definitely one of the better jeweling polishes.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m planning on using it on my friend Jr`s Hyundai, which seems to be pretty soft. Last year I used IP on it but ran out of time and never got back to "jeweling" it, so she`s been driving around half polished!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    So the FPII is MONEY on soft clears, S.B.?

Oh good heavens yes. You`d be hard pressed to find a finer jeweling polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding. So the navy (Don`t know the exact color name) 2006 BMW 530, I`m doing this weekend should look pretty darn good with the FPII? :woohoo:

Oh good heavens yes. You`d be hard pressed to find a finer jeweling polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    See I always thought FPII looked great, but PO106FF and 85RD take it to a whole new level.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information