Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using DG stuff and have been happy with it , BUT always looking for something different . I have some old OCW and P+ , but it`s back when it was flavor of the month.

What do you think my benefits will be by the switch and how will looks differ from DG ? I know durability is an up in the air no scientific , conditional thing , I seem to get great beading from the 105/AW combo , the car almost blows off clean when driving in the rain and the AW seems to hold up really well.

Here`s what I was going to order ....

-OCW ( would get revised formula I presume )

-Protectant plus ( for int.) maybe tires too.

-ONR for wash/qd

-Opt. Poli-seal ( AIO )

-Opt tire shine ( dont know if I want this one , don`t like shiny tires ) can I get a matte finish from it ??? or is it strictly gloss like the desc. says ?

What`s your thought`s on my order and thoughts on the switch as far as appearance / subjective durability.

I would be using the AIO Poli-seal with a PC .

So with the OCW I take it this is their LSP , correct ??

Tx

MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR, poliseal, OPP, tire shine...

i dont care for the loooooooong working time of the polish

OCW is the LSP, correct - its a spray carnuba wax

OPP isnt meant for tires

ONR is the best wash I have used

grab some orange pads, and a couple white pads and poliseal will correct/hide a decent amount on its own...

Post Thanks / Like
    some of the optimum stuff seems really as cost effective as duragloss. I`m probably gonna try ONR as a QD/clay lube when i run out of my DG FCS, I`d also like to try OCW when i run out of aquawax. I kind of want to consolidate a few different products i`m using as well. When i go through my last bit of 303 and my tire shine, i`m thinking of replacing them both with FK108 for instance. Using an APC for a whole host of things...

Post Thanks / Like
    All of the Optimum has been reformulated (spray wax, protectant, polishes in 07, PoliSeal is Original formulation I believe.) In my own experience, its a step above DG products.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    DG 105 should be a keeper. I`d suggest using OS or OCW as a topper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a deal for you....polish your hood...use AW on one side...OCW on the other side...nothing eles...do your weekly wash...and see what lasts longer....

then if you have a plastic black bumper use Opt protectant on one side...DG 201 on the other side...again wash as usual...

and then use 201 on front tires..opt tire shine on the rear..or vice versa...see whats lasts...

if the DG stuff quits before the Opt I will buy it from you...

I have bought the new Opt stuff and did this my self already...I do like the OID...its a nice QD ..but the OCW does not seem much better than the older stuff...a few washes and rain its flat....

the protectant on side trim dies fast...

you have nothing to lose...I do if you decide on Opt....

Fair enough..I just think that DG has some very durable products that last and not needed to be applied weekly ..

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Take this advise from Al. He is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to detailing and products. He has never steered me wrong. He is just a guy who loves detailing and spends a lot of time researching and testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you switch durabilty will suffer. ONR is awesome , new OC not bad , new QD not bad either. I feel 105 and AW are better though. If you want to upgrade then you need to try Zaino.

IMO Zaino is tops followed by DG .

Post Thanks / Like
    How about visiting optimumforums?

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that Optimum products provide a better look, but that is my opinion, and that is totally subjective. I have been very unimpressed with the DG sealants. As a matter of fact, I traded off my DG 105, and DG 111 is only used on wheels. I do still love and use 901 (wash) and Aquawax...those are the only 2 DG products I will buy from here on out.

For sealants, I will use Zaino. For waxes, I will stick with Clearkote, Optimum, Collinite, and Meguair`s.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    like was stated above, it`s subjective. But the one`s you will wonder how you did without is: ONR, OID, and PS. I really like their PowerClean, but it`s a little more pricey than other APCs. And I`ll probably never switch from their Carwash, I love it in my foamgun. If you`re on the fence about spending the cash upfront you can buy a sampler of 4 oz sizes from the Optimum site like I did. It comes with 4oz sizes of Protectant plus, tire shine, carwax, and carwash (free MF too) for $20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    Heres a deal for you....polish your hood...use AW on one side...OCW on the other side...nothing eles...do your weekly wash...and see what lasts longer....

then if you have a plastic black bumper use Opt protectant on one side...DG 201 on the other side...again wash as usual...

and then use 201 on front tires..opt tire shine on the rear..or vice versa...see whats lasts...

if the DG stuff quits before the Opt I will buy it from you...

I have bought the new Opt stuff and did this my self already...I do like the OID...its a nice QD ..but the OCW does not seem much better than the older stuff...a few washes and rain its flat....

the protectant on side trim dies fast...

you have nothing to lose...I do if you decide on Opt....

Fair enough..I just think that DG has some very durable products that last and not needed to be applied weekly ..

AL

This is why I was wondering what it would actually do for me . I have been impressed with all the DG stuff I`ve used . Yes even the 105 & 111 the FC/S & AW. Also tire / mat dressing . I`ve been a total fan of this line and shine / durability have been great. I wanted to spend money on the right products.

For the Zaino guy who traded his 105 / 111 for the Zaino , I did the exact opposite .....lol. Funny how everyones view is so different .

Post Thanks / Like
    polyseal is another thing i`ll end up trying. Right now i`m using XMT360 as a minor correcting AIO, but polyseal is the same price for more than twice as much product and it has a large following. I know if i was detailing professionally and had to worry about overhead, that would be a no brainer, but even as a weekend warrior type, if i get equivalent results from a less expensive product, i`m there. That`s what brought me to duragloss to begin with, and that`s what attracts me to try a few optimum products now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried only two OPT products: ONR and OptiSeal and think they are both superb products!

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum for Professional Use, DG for personal use.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information