tsantoro
    How does Zaino Z-PC compare to Menz or Megs polishes in terms of cutting and ease of use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Z-PC is very light in terms to cutting. Some here get fine results using Z-PC with a rotary, but for me..I`ve used Z-PC just for cleaning or removing moderate water spots. You`ll need to step it up with more aggresive polishes. I`ve used IP, and PG to acheive the results I want. I have not used the megs brand for polishing yet, but they have a variety of abrasive polishes.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is slightly less abrasive then Menz IP. If IP was a 10 then ZPC would be like a 7.5:2thumbs:

Another big difference to note is not so much it`s lesser cutting ability but also the fact that you can not work it in very long.

It`s a quick light cutter that leaves behind an extremely brilliant gloss and slickness unlike most others.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of 10, I put Z-PC at a 4 out of 10 - right beside Menzerna 106FF and Meguiar`s #80. The key differences I see with Z-PC are:

- No oils, no fillers means what you see is what you get

- Topped with Z2/Z5 Pro, the paint looks notably better than if topping Z2/Z5 Pro over 106FF or 80.

- It cuts pretty quick and finishes quick as well which means a shorter working time.

- Mix in 1 oz of Z6 per 7 ounces of Z-PC and you can effectively use it on the rotary for cutting or finishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used ZPC on a heavily swirled Acura RSX (soft paint) and got very good results...no micro marring. As others have noted, it finishes off very nicely. It does have a bit of a learning curve though, but once you get your system down, it works well.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    Out of 10, I put Z-PC at a 4 out of 10 - right beside Menzerna 106FF and Meguiar`s #80. The key differences I see with Z-PC are:

- No oils, no fillers means what you see is what you get

- Topped with Z2/Z5 Pro, the paint looks notably better than if topping Z2/Z5 Pro over 106FF or 80.

- It cuts pretty quick and finishes quick as well which means a shorter working time.

- Mix in 1 oz of Z6 per 7 ounces of Z-PC and you can effectively use it on the rotary for cutting or finishing.

Why not just mist the pad with Z6-wouldn`t that be easier?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody

Interesting thought. I will have to try both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody

I do that initially as well, but have better results with mixing the Z6 directly with Z-PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    ZPC is a pretty darn good polish, really. Fairly decent cutting ability, yet it breaks down to a fine finish. It`s not very effective on hard clear coats, though. IMO, it`s a very under rated product. I wish I could find the bookmark to the Click-n-Brag for this car...last spring someone here did a *very* fine job of using ZPC to turn around a black car that had moderate paint defects all over it, with some severe ones sprinkled in for good measure. They used ZPC with a wool pad for correcting, then a finishing foam pad. The car looked fabulous afterward.

I used it last summer to single-step an older (black) Jeep after seeing the Click-n-Brag mentioned above. A single-step polishing with ZPC and a white LC foam, followed by ZAIO on a black LC foam, then two applications of Z2 (ZFX`d) made the Jeep look really nice. Note that the owner specifically asked for Z2; I would have used Collinite instead, since the Jeep isn`t garaged, but I gotta admit, it looked *really* nice having been completely Zaino`d. I also really like the way ZAIO brings life back to plastic trim and rubber seals. It didn`t really improve the shine much over the ZPC, though.

It does seem alot like Menzerna Intensive Polish in its cutting and finishing ability, with the advantage that it doesn`t dust like Menz IP does.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

tsantoro
    Thanks everyone. I have another question regarding Z-PC. Should I use a cutting pad with Z-PC to remove deeper scratches and imperfections rather than using a polish with more cutting ability and a polishing pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tsantoro
    Thanks everyone. I have another question regarding Z-PC. Should I use a cutting pad with Z-PC to remove deeper scratches and imperfections rather than using a polish with more cutting ability and a polishing pad?

I usually prefer using a heavier polish with a lighter pad to remove scratches and such. An example would be Hi-Temp Extreme Cut on a polishing pad.

With Z-PC, I`ve had luck removing moderate marring with an orange pad and finishing without micro-marring.

Thread Information