Post Thanks / Like
    I`m making a list of products and polishes I want to try in the spring, but I`m not for sure which route I want to go with polishes. I don`t want to waste must money on polishes that claim to work, but in actuality suck. I`ve heard many great things on 106ff, but it is a little pricey so I want to make sure that this is the one. I got a PC 7424 not too long ago, and I plan to use if for polishing. I ahevn`t even turned it on use, so I`ll be a new guy with it and to polishes that actually have some cut. Does the 106ff work well with a PC, or is it more of a rotary polish?

Does the 106ff require a longer breakdown period compared to most polishes? How agressive is 106ff? I`ve seen here where some have used it to polish ou defects, and many for a finishing polish. Is 106ff capable of removing swirl marks and marring from drive through washes, or is something stronger needed? Is it a good idea to use the 106ff on vehicles with softer finishes? From what I recall it was designed for hard finishes. Thanks for any input.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need a good Polishing Compound like Menzerna Power Gloss or Optimum COMPOUND or another aggressive compound etc. in your arsenal if you plan on getting out bad swirls. 106ff is a finishing polish. It does have some correcting ability but it is really meant for removing very lite scratches or marring caused from a compound. I love the 106ff but you will definitely need a more aggressive polish if you want to do any sort of correcting with a PC. Also get a wide variety of Pads to go with your PC. (I have LC Yellow, orange, white, blue, gray, green) I have a UDM and I`ve needed Power Gloss Compound on a Yellow LC pad (which is their most aggressive pad) on speed 6 to get some cars to really clean up nicely. If you can get away with using a less aggressive polish and pad then by all means do it, but nothing sucks more than spending all day on a vehicle and still having a swirled mess at the end of the day. And plan on spending some quality time with your PC especially if you are after a flawless or near flawless finish. I started out with a UDM, Menzerna Power Gloss Compound, Optimum Polish and Menzerna 106ff. I have gotten very nice results with the Power Gloss (yellow or orange pad) and 106ff (White pad). The Optimum Polish was not very effective for me with the UDM so I basically use it to mix with my Power Gloss occasionally to cut down on the dusting. Then use a good last step product like a good wax or sealant or both and you should be plenty happy for just starting out. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    106FF is designed for Benz`s Ceramiclear (sp?) finishes. Conan`s right, you will need a more aggressive polish or compound for deeper defects, but I suppose it could do quite a bit of correction on softer paints. I mostly use it as a finishing polish, and I do use it via PC. I have used it with Edge and LC pads, but mostly with Edge, ranging from medium to light/finish pads. It is a very nice polish imo, it will be in my line up for a while.

Thread Information