Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno where all the Meguiar`s guys are on here today, but they posted the new 2008 products on MOL earlier, and they are fairly substantive compared to the last year or two.

They have the new G110 polisher, which they have taken pains to distance from the UDM, as well as changes to NXT, #21, QID, some new extra-heavy cut compounds, what looks like a pro-line version of UQD, reintroduction of the Ultimate Wipe, and the usual new wheel cleaners and chrome polishes...I think they must be up to 15 wheel cleaners and 5 metal polishes now...I really can`t keep track of the wheel cleaners unless they discontinued some of them...it was bad enough back when they had 5 or so.

Meguiar`s Online - 2008 New Products

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I glanced over the new products. I wonder what exactly the difference is between the NXT 2.0, and #21 2.0? I wonder if one is longerlasting than the other?

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a lot of these "new" products are just updated or repackaged versions of previous products.

Post Thanks / Like
    A pro version of UQD @ 20 bucks a gallon?

Sorry Duragloss, you just got Pwnd!

edit- I just re-thought this statement and I think pwnd is a strong word. It is a very competitive price point though...
    ...BlackSheepSquad...

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like the prices have gone up slightly, which is understandable but that new Ultra Cut Compound is $30 for a 32 oz bottle. I wonder what it is about that one that costs significantly more than their other compounds and polishes?

I can`t help but chuckle at NXT`s new claim that it lasts twice as long. I`m thinking in my head, "So it lasts 4 weeks/4 washes?" Hopefully it`s a lot better because NXT is a nice looking product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am intrigued by the new version of M21 (one of the most underrated detailing products in history, IMO) to see if it streaks less and has less problems with application. If so, I will be picking that up ASAP.

Also, the new Extra Cut Compound, as I am always looking at more efficent ways to relevel paint (new favorite is 3000 series 3M Extra Cut).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea M21 protects really well it is an aminofunctional sealant, when I used it lasted a long time dirt did not stick to it .

plus hope as well they took care of the oil seperation issue from the few pic I`ve seen Scottwax has one up up of him using M21 v2.0 or new nxt and looked really good.

Post Thanks / Like
    :hide:

If you guys want. I am not shilling. I can do a side by side test between NXT and NXT V2. I have a black Jeep. Just let me know how you want me to do it. Currently it`s wearing Danase wet glaze and paint sealant. I could do a IPA wipe down and go from there?!?!

Again, I do not want this to come across as a shill. Last time I mentioned the product it didn`t go over too well. Just trying to help out.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m happy to see they added "more" UV protection to the Quick Interior Detailer. :woot:

I really like this product and it`s so easy to use. It has replaced any dressings that I used on the interior previously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueZero
    :hide:

If you guys want. I am not shilling. I can do a side by side test between NXT and NXT V2. I have a black Jeep. Just let me know how you want me to do it. Currently it`s wearing Danase wet glaze and paint sealant. I could do a IPA wipe down and go from there?!?!

Again, I do not want this to come across as a shill. Last time I mentioned the product it didn`t go over too well. Just trying to help out.

Go for it. I am curious to see how they compare. I think several of the forum members were testing the new Megs LSP. I know Scottwax was one of them. I believe it was NXT V2.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by violentveedub
    A pro version of UQD @ 20 bucks a gallon?

Sorry Duragloss, you just got Pwnd!

edit- I just re-thought this statement and I think pwnd is a strong word. It is a very competitive price point though...

haha, oh thats good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a "Lab Sample" that I will put to the test. It`s my understanding that it is the same as the final formula of NXT V2.

I hated the application of #21, hope the V2 has those issues fixed. I`ll have to wait till January to get my hands on some of that.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like they just added those `hydrophobic` polymers into NXT and 21. Probably because people equate protection with beading

The Ultra cut hits a new high on the abrasive scale (up to 12) but supposedly finished LSP ready...those are lofty goals..would be very interesting to see how it works

I don`t get chrome polishes since you can`t really polish it since it`s so thin and doesn`t oxidize. Not sure what`s it`s new and improved claims are..I get great results with Windex or cheap TW chrome polish, or even Klasse/Prime

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The G110 sounds interesting. Looking at the chart Mike posted, the G110 seems to reach higher OPM speeds at it`s top two settings than the UDM.

Also, I LOVE Interior QD. Added UV protection makes one of my favorite products even better. I hope it still leaves the same look.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was highly amused that the machine reaches speeds that they "do not recommend" using!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information