Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Scion tC with flint mica paint - lots of flake in it. I was originally going to use collinite #845 for my wax since I`ve heard good things about it.

However, I have learned from a fellow Scion owner that this wax actually mutes the flake out, which is of course the opposite effect I want.

Therefore - any suggestions on a great wax that is durable, gives a very nice finish and possible could highlight the flakes instead of muting them? Perhaps there are other Scion owners here that have opinions from experience?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used DP MaxWax on my Smokey Gray Mica Lexus ES350. The SGM is loaded with flakes and the MW really makes them pop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss 105+Duragloss AW should be a good bet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Rav4 - same flint mica paint, and after trying a bunch of combo`s, I found 2 that look great. After polishing, apply a Danase Wet Glaze and AW, and the second one- After polishing, apply a good carnuba, I like Banana Wax from Majestic Solutions - then apply AW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    Duragloss 105+Duragloss AW should be a good bet.

With the Duragloss AW being a spray on - how durable is it compared to traditional paste waxes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridhauler
    I used DP MaxWax on my Smokey Gray Mica Lexus ES350. The SGM is loaded with flakes and the MW really makes them pop.

While Carnauba waxes have a great shine and depth, I understand that an application only last about a month or so. How long did the MaxWax last on your Lexus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    I have a Rav4 - same flint mica paint, and after trying a bunch of combo`s, I found 2 that look great. After polishing, apply a Danase Wet Glaze and AW, and the second one- After polishing, apply a good carnuba, I like Banana Wax from Majestic Solutions - then apply AW.

What does a glaze offer as a middle application between the polish and wax? I`m still new at this and want to learn as much as possible. Are there certain paints/ages where glaze should be/shouldn`t be used? My car is relatively new - would a glaze help or is it a waste?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can a mod please move this up one folder - somehow I posted this in the wrong area - thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    even though this is not a TC, but still a scion... nxt paste x2 was used on this and done by a fellow autopian (blackntan)...

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO a sealant is your best bet for optical clearity
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a tC too... a Black Sand Pearl. Also LOADED with flake. I was surprised by the balance of depth of shine/reflection and flake pop I got out of two coats of Meguiars #26. That`s still my wax of choice, although it doesn`t last very long. In the winter I`m switching to Collinite to deal with the Chicago salt.

As far as glazes go, a glaze can be either very very mildly abrasive or not abrasive at all. That means it`s not going to do much correction like a polish. However, glazes ARE intended to increase shine, depth, and gloss before a wax. They can also contain oils and fillers which can temporarily "fill in" light scratches and swirls. They won`t last long, however, even under a wax. You can use a glaze on any car. A nonabrasive glaze is great in that you can use it as often as you like without worrying about abrading the clear coat.

Hope that helps

Thread Information