Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is about the best site for sample bottle that I have found. Shipping is very reasonable and they seem to have every type of bottle, top, and sprayers known to man.

Sample Bottle Link

Of course larger quantities will get you a better deal.

Look it over and tell me what you all think.

Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    Cylindrical Sample Bottles with Caps - US Plastic Corporation

I think US Plastic is slightly cheaper yet on the same bottles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    Cylindrical Sample Bottles with Caps - US Plastic Corporation

I think US Plastic is slightly cheaper yet on the same bottles.

What about with shipping?

I thought their shipping was like 10.99 for 5 bottles?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another option for you... Natural Plastic Bottles - Specialty Bottle

Shipping always seems to be the killer unless you order larger quantities to offset the cost per bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can not see the link because it is blocked at work. I purchase all of my sample bottles from one seller on Ebay. great prices and fast delivery. I like to buy 50 or 100 at a time. they end up costing me less than half of what other places charge :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    What about with shipping?

I thought their shipping was like 10.99 for 5 bottles?

It is like $7 for 10 of the bottles to my door. So you probably save a little with the ebay store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good find Justin! I have always ordered from Specialty Bottle, the site that BlueZero linked to. Some members thought their shipping was high, but I just order a bunch of them at one time to help offset those charges. I`ll have to look at that eBay store next time.

Just a little OT, but I`m looking for a lid or pump to make transferring my gallon of ONR to smaller bottles less painful. A flip-top cap that would fit that gallon jug would most likely be good enough.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I like your ebay place better, they do seem to be cheaper in the end. What size do you all get? I`ve been finding the 4 oz. seems to work good for me so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    Just a little OT, but I`m looking for a lid or pump to make transferring my gallon of ONR to smaller bottles less painful. A flip-top cap that would fit that gallon jug would most likely be good enough.

I bought my gallon pump`s from a farm supply store. lol There like $3.50 works great, 1 oz. per pump. Or here`s some (bottom of page) http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar`s%20Detailer%20Sprayers.htm probably doesn`t make sense for the cost with shipping to order one. I order lots of stuff from ADS.

Post Thanks / Like
    The gallon bottle pumps are also available from Smart and Final if you have those local to you.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Good find Justin! I have always ordered from Specialty Bottle, the site that BlueZero linked to. Some members thought their shipping was high, but I just order a bunch of them at one time to help offset those charges. I`ll have to look at that eBay store next time.

Eliot, I bought a couple of the yellow MDSPOUTS towards the bottom of this page Meguiars Auto Detailing Trigger Sprayers but the first time I used one it seemed so crappy I never tried it or the other one again. I got my gallon pumps that I use for car wash at US Plastics when I was buying some buckets and grit guards, so the shipping was invisible and the pumps were cheap, 1 oz./pump. They do tend to drip a little with thick liquids, so last time I ordered some Charlie`s Soap I ordered their pump (didn`t get to try it yet) at $1.25 or something, and of course free shipping. I have never seen a flip cap for a gallon jug, although USP has a lot of dispenser caps that I was unable to decode what size they were. Another idea is some screw-on pouring funnels for the smaller bottles, that have a cutout to rest the lip of the gallon jug, but USP doesn`t seem to have them anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueZero
    I think I like your ebay place better, they do seem to be cheaper in the end. What size do you all get? I`ve been finding the 4 oz. seems to work good for me so far.
    I too use 4oz`s.

They fit in my pockets and store well. I only refill them about once a week or less. I send out a lot samples in exchange so I ordered up 50 of them this morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    another option:

For $1 bottles of all shapes, sizes, and dispensers, try your local DOLLAR STORE / DOLLAR TREE.

Sure, you empty them of their original product and wash them out, but you can buy only as many bottles as you need and have a larger selection. I got cool 8 oz square shaped button spray bottles that originally had some kind of linen spray in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    ......Just a little OT, but I`m looking for a lid or pump to make transferring my gallon of ONR to smaller bottles less painful. A flip-top cap that would fit that gallon jug would most likely be good enough.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Mike, I just ordered two of the pumps from Charlies Soap for $1.50 each with no shipping, it`s pretty hard to beat a deal like that.

I just ran across the Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner while looking at other things. Not sure how well it would work, but it looks interesting.

EDIT: The eBay supplier of the bottles will put together a custom order if you e-mail her. I just ordered 40 bottles: 10 2 ounce w/flip top-lids, 10 2 ounce w/fine mist sprayers, 10 4 ounce w/flip-top lids, and 10 4 ounce w/fine mist sprayers. The total for the bottles was $21.69 and $8.40 shipping for priority mail. The total price worked out to about the same total I would have paid for the same from Specialty Bottle, but you have a choice between a 3 cm and 4 cm hole size from the eBay seller. The 2 ounce bottles I had ordered from Specialty Bottle had a smaller hole size than these, so I thought I`d give this seller a shot, plus 40 more bottle should last me for several years on top of the bottles I still have left.

I really like using the fine mist sprayers on these smaller bottles and I wind up using them for all the the QD`s, tire dressings, and other thin liquids I spray. Plus the smaller 2 and 4 ounce size makes them a lot easier to carry around and to gauge how much product you are using.
    John

Thread Information