Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a two part question for the experts (not parrots).

1. Windex just plain sucks, wether on car, home whatever.

2. I read people talking about a product called "Autoglym", is this a realistic product or just another CON?

I`m not only interested for my vehicle but would really be interested in a product for my home windows/sliding doors, etc,. If it is great for one it should be great for all, or am I just living in a dream world??????????

Reason: Yesterday I used Windex to totally clean the inside of my windows ! This morning when I take off all I see is "Smearing Crud", it just seems to materialize!!!

I`m not looking for a new miracle product, I just want this crud/crap to come to an end!

What`s the answer, I`ll do as you suggest?? :nomore:

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Stoners invisible glass (avail: Target) Eagle One 20/20, Spraway Glass cleaner are all great glass cleaners for home or auto. Sprayway is my favorite, but usually have stoners IG just because it is easily available.

Windex is GARBAGE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Autoglym glass polish is a good product, though it stinks the worst of all the glass polishes

You can use it by hand or machine. No more smears
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always used Stoners Invisible Glass. I ran out last week. I used my wife`s industrial strength Windex and loved it. It cleaned better than anything I`ve used to date. Even in sunlight. I was highly surprised.

Sucks or not, it worked for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t quality myself as an "expert", so I guess that makes me a "parrot". Nice way to solicit opinions.

Anyway, I use Stoner`s Invisible Glass, and also use NXT glass cleaner - it`s fantastic for the price. The bottle I have is a couple of years old, so I`m not sure if Meg`s is still making it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to help but I am not an expert

p.s. I can clean my windows with water only and no streaks!

if you want my non-expert answer just ask

Post Thanks / Like
    Finish Kare 1 #425. I use it on glass in the car and at home. Its a champ and it repels dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for Stoner Invisible Glass. S&W works great on glass too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a Stoners fan until I tried Meguiar`s Glass Cleaner. It is even better IMO. Absolutely no streaking in my cars. Works great around the home as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use Stoner IG regularly but the best glass cleaner I ever used was this industrial one my uncle gave me from the industrial cleaning company he works at. Unfortunately I can`t use it on tints so I just stick to IG.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like Stoners IG, but I think the towel you use is as much (if not more) of a factor as the cleaner. Yesterday I did a quick clean on my windshield using Griots cleaner and his "special" polypropylene (looks like paper to me) glass towels. I got these as a Christmas gift a couple of years back and they were close by so I grabbed them. Today I noticed my windshied was streak city. While Griots glass cleaner isn`t my favorite, and I seldom use it anymore, I think it was the towels that caused the problems. Now I remember why I had them shoved to back of my shelf.

Use a good quality low lint MF, or a MF made for glass, and almost anything you use (including plain water) will provide a streak free finish unless they are really bad. Go over them once or twice with the cleaner, and then follow-up with a dry MF and you`ll be all set. Keeping the MF`s you use for glass dedicated for that purpose (and washed by themselves) will also help.

I`ve never used Autoglym glass polish so I can`t help you out there.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Castle products without a doubt!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i tried IG and didnt like it, dont get me wrong it wasnt bad, just seen better. i personally like and use on cars and home Auto Magics #64 glass cleaner. works great for me. oh plain water works good like some have said.

Post Thanks / Like
    optimum no rinse in quick detailer strength. ( 1 oz in a 20 oz spray bottle of distilled h20) works well for me.

The secret to streak free windows, in my opinion, is using a fresh dry towel for the final drying pass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some glass has that gunky film you just can`t get off. The insides of my house windows and my sisters Accord are that way. I`ve tried everything from windex, NXT, vinegar, dawn, to alcohol. Still that smeary greasy streaky film is still there! I`m all out of ideas, I`m afraid anything stronger will harm the glass in some way.
    07 Kia Sportage EX

07 Kia Rio

Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4

Chrysler 300m Sold

92 Dodge Stealth RT TT Sold

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information