Post Thanks / Like
    Ok let`s hear your thought, which one is worth the money?

I`ve been reading a lot that the Foam Gun is BS

How about the Ultimate Hose Nozzle? It seems well built and meant to last, but pics sometimes can be decieving :nixweiss
    Groundforce

Post Thanks / Like
    The foam gun is not BS... I have 2 and love them in the winter when the car is really dirty, they work great. I can feel less dirt in my mitt and it rinses easier.
    [quote name=`DocHoliday`]I recently had SSR2.5 on toast for breakfast, was tasty and it polished my teeth![/QUOTE]

:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s like asking which is the better tool, a hammer or a screwdriver. Both have completely different uses. I have a foamgun if that`s any indication of which one I would choose. The nozzle is just a high powered hose nozzle, isn`t it?

Choose the foam gun...it will make a world of difference in how quickly and safely you can wash your car. A soap bucket is just as effective in the end but nowhere near as fast.

I have a Gilmour multi pattern nozzle that I got from Lowes. I use the shower setting to prerinse and rinse. I then take the nozzle off and use just the hose to sheet the water off for faster drying. Get yourself some quick shutoff valves and quick connects and you`ll be all set.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both (well, my nozzles came from Griot`s, they`re about the same thing) and IMO it`s no contest. I simply cannot do the same kind of marring-free washes without the foamgun, but I can spray water just fine without a fancy hose nozzle.

Heh heh, anybody who says the foamgun is BS either a) has an agenda, b) doesn`t know how to use it, or c) doesn`t understand what the whole idea behind it is. Note that using it to reduce marring takes a bit of thought, effort, and practice. I`ve been using it for quite a while and I`m *still* learning what does/doesn`t work well.

Post Thanks / Like
    What he said.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    ...anybody who says the foamgun is BS either a) has an agenda, b) doesn`t know how to use it, or c) doesn`t understand what the whole idea behind it is. ....

Agree. I also own both (my Ultimate Hose Nozzle is the BonAire version) and I`m happy to have both. The UHN is a robust tool, not to be confused with lesser products. As mentioned you can spray water with a lesser model, but in my experience they just won`t hold up to the same usage. I`m careful, yet still I have "bumped" a body panel with the nozzle with no damage. I doubt I would be so lucky with some of the other units out there.

I purchased my foam gun base largely on the recommendaton of Accumulator. I felt confident that if it met with his stringent (my perception) criteria for a quality tool, I wouldn`t be disappointed. I wasn`t. We employ ours differently, but effectively.

Post Thanks / Like
    How many different guns are there? Is everyone referring to the autogeek gun?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got the pinnacle foam gun that I`ve been using for sometime, and it`s HANDS down the most effective wash tool there is. There`s absolutly no contest at all whne it comes to a marr free finish.

One of the observations I`ve made using this foam gun is in the choice of soaps that one uses. I`ve used SEVERAL carsoaps in my foamgun such as DP Xtreme Foam, Opt Car Wash, Megs Gold Glass and several other generic washes, and NOTHING compares to the foaming produced by the DP Extreme Foam.

I usually spray the panel first, then spray slightly ahead of it as im washing (this way i`ve got fresh foam just infront of the mitt as I`m foaming. As to me anyway, I`ve found the DP wash to feel the slickest and glide the easiest. For that reason my other washes have taken the backburner and I ordered up the 128oz tub of the DP Xtreme Foam.

If a vehicle is very clean I`ll (IE basically dust or very very light dirt I`ll use ONR.
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was the same foamgun made by gilmour and everyone else just put their name on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags
    I thought it was the same foamgun made by gilmour and everyone else just put their name on it?

it is the same foamgun, gilmour makes it for them and then they re-brand it with their logo, as is the butchers foam gun i have. if you look at the brass components, they have gilmour parts on them...

Post Thanks / Like
    The Gilmore Gun is a 5 star IMO. Great item to have. You can always spray water but you can`t do what the Gun does. Well worth the money!!!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that is a new one on me. A foam gun BS? I would consider anyone who said that to have never tried one or they are full of it themselves. I could not get as much done withou mine, or leave cars as mar free.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Gilmour foam gun, and I know for sure that I am marring my car far less due to washing it. No doubt about it. Definitely one of my better detailing purchaes.

Thread Information