Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    what are you guys using....there was this one product on bettercarcare.com I was looking at and looking for other options, even over the counter stuff will work!

what do you have, cheaper the better, but quality at the same time!

Post Thanks / Like
    The only product I`ve ever used for this is One Grand Tar, Gum & Wax remover and only on occassions. Bought it because I used to use it back then for Blitz Wax which was notorious for staining trim. It smells like lighter fluid but is safe and effective on auto paint.

Don`t know for sure but won`t any bug & tar product remove wax from stained trim?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I`m not kidding! Work some into the trim with your fingers and wipe off. It just plain works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peanut Butter is good but you are mainly covering up the wax stains with the peanut oil based on what I`ve read (and they will return after a rain or wash). A really simple, inexpensive, and effective solution that I have found is a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They are less than $1 and available almost everywhere (usually in the cleaning supplies isle). Wet it, squeeze out the excess water, and lightly rub the eraser on your wax stained trim. It will remove the wax quickly and easily (in my experience). Then just wipe with a damp microfiber and protect with the dressing of your choice. I would keep one eraser dedicated for your car because it works great at removing scuff marks on plastic trim as well (interior bottom of the door for example). Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll probably get flamed.... I use (dare I say) the dreaded WD40 on a toothbrush... Works every time.
    2006 Black Mazda RX-8 Shinka 6MT

Front & Rear Rotary Accent / Strakes / OEM SIRUS

***ROTARY POWER RULES***

Post Thanks / Like
    With the advent of the Magic Erasure...it is the only way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have some Magic eraser in the cleaning closet. Will be using them tomarrow. Thanks.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    why didnt i think of the eraser...doh...will test it out tomorrow...might have just saved me 10 bucks on a product i dont need!!!! thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    read somewhere Magic Eraser will dull the trim for good. what has you experience been.

I used a "white" eraser picked up in the pen/pencil department at Target and it removed the stain.

Best advice is to mask in the future to prevent these headaches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use this one TOFL GR-40

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at this today. http://www.autogeek.net/wax-remover.html Has anyone tried it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzb
    Peanut Butter is good but you are mainly covering up the wax stains with the peanut oil based on what I`ve read (and they will return after a rain or wash). A really simple, inexpensive, and effective solution that I have found is a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They are less than $1 and available almost everywhere (usually in the cleaning supplies isle). Wet it, squeeze out the excess water, and lightly rub the eraser on your wax stained trim. It will remove the wax quickly and easily (in my experience). Then just wipe with a damp microfiber and protect with the dressing of your choice. I would keep one eraser dedicated for your car because it works great at removing scuff marks on plastic trim as well (interior bottom of the door for example). Hope this helps!

It worked fine for me. The wax stains did not return and it`s an item most people have on hand already. To each his own!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuff2tuff
    read somewhere Magic Eraser will dull the trim for good. what has you experience been.

I used a "white" eraser picked up in the pen/pencil department at Target and it removed the stain.

Hi Nobuff2tuff,

I`ve never experienced any dulling of the trim using the magic eraser but I`ve only had to remove tough, ugly, white, years old wax residue from the bottom of my wife`s Honda Accord once. I tried other things first such as APC, Eagle One AtoZ tire cleaner, etc (without much success) before trying the magic eraser. I wouldn`t rub too hard with it either but it worked great- and was very inexpensive. I`ve also removed scuff marks from plastic, marks off leather, and found the little $1 eraser to be a very effective product to have in my arsenal.

I also agree with your advice to mask off the area going forward to prevent constant staining and need for removal. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuff2tuff

I have literally used over a hundred of these now - no problem on textured or unpainted plastic trim. On rare occasion, it can dull interior plastic, but I often use them here too (great on vinyl, but tough on some coated leather).

Post Thanks / Like
    RAG - why do you say its tough on coated leather?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information