Post Thanks / Like
    I was in need of some more MF drying towels. After reading about Vroom MF towels here in the forum, I decided to swing by Target and pick some up.

I purchased two Vroom MF Drying Towels(23.5"x40") and one Vroom MF Chenille Wash Mitt. (The wash mitt is bright orange and looks like they just chopped the hair off of one of those punk rock muppets from Sesame Street )

Pics:

CD Test:

First, the Wash Mitt... I applied very little pressure and moved the mitt back and forth across the surface of the CD... probably about a dozen strokes forward and a dozen backwards. All together, it left about 3 or 4 light scratches.

Next, the Drying Towel... I used the same method as described above. First I used only the inner, yellow part of the towel. Good News! There were no scratches on the CD. I then applied quite a bit of pressure... just to see. This resulted in a few light scratches.

I then used the gray edge of the towel and lightly rubbed it back and forth across the CD. I ended up with just a few light scratches.

Summary:

Wash Mitt: Very llght pressure ... a few light scratches

Drying Towel(non-edge): Very light pressure ... No Scratches

Drying Towel(non-edge): Heavy pressure ... a few light scratches

Drying Towel(edge): Very light pressure ... a few light scratches

I`m not sure how this translates to how it`ll perform on paint. Any thoughts?

Also, I`m assuming the towel will fray like mad if the edge is cut off... right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review! The CD is usually a good indication of how the product will perform on paint. Yes, I`m sure the towel will get messed up if you cut the edges off I`d probably try not to apply pressure onto the woven sides when I polish/wax. I might drop by Target and take a look at the detailing supplies there. I usually go to Walmart. Are the products generally cheaper/higher-quality at Target?

Post Thanks / Like
    would it be fairer to try the wash mitt wet with your typical soap solution?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo3002
    would it be fairer to try the wash mitt wet with your typical soap solution?

I think any dry cloth has a potential to scratch-wet or with QD would probably be a more fair test

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Target today to take a look at the towels. I LOVE the wash mitt, it`s extremely soft and plush. However, it would be nice if there were more "fibers". There seems to be a fairly large amount of space between the hairy things The drying towel is also EXTREMELY plush. BTW, many vroom towels are on sale for $5.99 at my Target. 5 pack detailing towel, 8 pack detailing towel, turtle wax platinum car wash, drying towel, and those 100% cotten towels. I`m honestly quite surprised by the quality of the towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    turtle wax platinum car wash

excellent car wash, if it`s on sale pick one up! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did a CD test on a grey Vroom MF and it passed. I did it dry and used fairly heavy pressure. Heavier pressure than I would ever use on the car. I couldn`t find any evidence of scratching or marring at all. I also tried the edge of the towel and couldn`t induce any visible scratches either. The grey Vroom MF`s seem to be the most plush of their available towels aside from the drying towel but it may be even more plush/different considering the results we both had. These may differ from batch to batch as well but I can`t seem to find any discernable difference in the one I have. I still use these primarily for utility work.

EDIT: Did you wash your mitt and towels before you tried the CD test? This can make all the difference.

Thread Information