Thread: Cyclo Pads

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a cyclo about a month ago and have used it approximately 5 times. I bought a bunch of the Cyclo brand pads and am already seeing a few of the green/orange ones breaking down. The foam is getting small tears on the sides. Is this normal? Are there other brands that may be stronger and last longer? How long do these pads last? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the backing white velcro? Cyclo introduced newer pads a little while ago that hold up much better than their older ones. Lake Country makes a foam pad for the Cyclo, too- they are a bit thicker and come flat or concave shaped.

How are you washing them? I put them in my washing bucket to keep the product from drying. When done, I just rinse with water and they look new...no chemicals to clean them, which I think helps hold`m up longer.

Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    The backing is white. I clean them using the DP pad rejuvinator and then rinse and let dry before they go into ziplock baggies. I think I might go the LC pad route. Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the Propel 4" pads. I don`t care for the green Cyclo polishing pads at all. The surface seems to firm for a mid-level pad and it compresses way too much. The Propel green lite cut pads are a bit over 1" thick and are slightly larger in diameter. A single pair held up very well after polishing out 7 cars in the last three days (using Optimum Polish) in the full sun. Other than they are a bit dirty now, they look just fine. Another huge plus is that when they compress, the middle bows out slightly and gives you some cushion so the rubber velcro caps don`t come in contact with paint when polishing near a 90 degree angle.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information