Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    In a recent thread, GSRstilez posted a picture of a foam toilet brush (of course, I can`t find the picture/thread now) that he uses for wheels. It had long, square cross-section foam "bristles"...I looked in a few supermarkets, BBB, Target, WalMart--no luck...anyone know where to get these? GSR?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at Bed Bath and Beyond today looking for the same exact thing...They have a nice assortment of brushes for all different duties..I purchased one to scurb my tires and wheel wells. I love Bed Bath and Beyond..They always have cool little things

--oops just seen you already tried bed bath and beyond

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pretty sure it was in this thread that SilverLexus started

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68334

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch
    I`m pretty sure it was in this thread that SilverLexus started

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68334

I thought so too, but there is no picture there, and it still leaves me with finding a source...I didn`t see any at my BBB....one supermarket did have a foam one, but it had scotchbrite on the end of the foam "bristles"...not what I want on my wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I thought so too, but there is no picture there, and it still leaves me with finding a source...I didn`t see any at my BBB....one supermarket did have a foam one, but it had scotchbrite on the end of the foam "bristles"...not what I want on my wheels.

Hmmm yeah after looking at it again he didn`t post any pictures of toilet brushes.

Sorry, I would have put $$ on it being on that thread....

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it look like a handle and then a bunch of foam fingers protruding from the end? I`ve seen those at the dollar stores and mom`n`pop hardware stores.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s what I use! They are great and cheap! Really allows you to get the rear hoop of the wheels and the calipers! I bought about 15 of them from HARMON Drugs (Like a Duane Read, CVS, Rite Aid, ETC..) I tried to look in Bed Bath & Beyond and everything there was too harsh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Drug stores...that`s a place I haven`t tried yet! We have a Harmon`s nearby, as well as the ubiquitous CVS and Walgreen`s, as well as Eckert and Drug Fair...I`ll give them a shot soon--thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    What about an EZ detail brush from TOL? That`s what I use.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi
    What about an EZ detail brush from TOL? That`s what I use.

This one? Kind of hard to see well in the pictures, kind of pricey too. Is it really soft enough to not worry about scratching? Certainly something to consider additionally, but I was interested in the toilet brush for its low cost and therefore disposability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Kind of hard to see well in the pictures, kind of pricey too. Is it really soft enough to not worry about scratching?

You`re concerned about scratching but looking for a toilet bowl brush :laugh:

I have the EZ Detail Brush. It is much softer than a toilet bowl brush. Its a nice brush that can get into every nook a cranny even the thin space between the inside wheel and brake caliper.

But since the stem the bristles are attached to is flexible by design, sometimes you can`t get good scrubbing power by putting pressure on the handle because it causes the stem to bend. In this case, the Meguiar`s brush is better.

I have excellent success with these:

http://www.carcareonline.com/detail....oduct_id=17625

Or S.M. ARNOLD® Wheel Detail Brush ITEM #85-629
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Setec: I will look for a picture, but I use a standard toilet bowl brush with stiffer bristles, no foam.

I only use it on customer`s cars as their wheels are 95%+ of the time, haggard. The extra agitation is needed.

The OXO spoke brush has been my favorite all around, to date, but pricey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    You`re concerned about scratching but looking for a toilet bowl brush :laugh:

That was my first impression also, but GSRstilez was adamant that the toilet brushes he uses work great and don`t scratch...then he posted a picture of the foam one, and I figured it would be worth it to have in the wheel brush arsenal if it was cheap and available, certainly worth a try. Sometimes the simplest/cheapest solutions are also the best.

The EZ Detail brush looks interesting; in the best Autopian tradition I have several wheel brushes I haven`t even used yet...including the Meg`s GC that you mentioned and the Carrand/Mr. Clean sheepskin recently mentioned in another thread; I also have ones like the wire wheel brush you linked. Again, I was just looking for a source for the toilet brushes so I can pick one up in my travels to have on hand...not looking for the be-all, end-all wheel brush (although I am soaking up these other suggestions! :2thumbs: )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    Setec: I will look for a picture, but I use a standard toilet bowl brush with stiffer bristles, no foam.

I only use it on customer`s cars as their wheels are 95%+ of the time, haggard. The extra agitation is needed.

The OXO spoke brush has been my favorite all around, to date, but pricey.

So Twitch and myself both hallucinated you posting that foam thing? Hmm...must have been someone else then... :think: ...no wonder we couldn`t find it.

EDIT: Maybe what someone had posted is actually a kitchen dish tool...I am bleary-eyed Google searching for this thing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Big Lots store has a whole isle of brushes..from stiff to foam and the Mr Clean brushes on close out.

The EZ Detail Brush..My first is about two years old and still holding up great. Also for cleaning power beside a back and forth motion try rotating it....works great..best engine cleaning brush I have found. I guess I kinda like them..I have 5!
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information