Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s been a while since I`ve shopped at Target--until this past weekend. While picking up a few things, I noticed in the automotive section a couple of items made by Vroom. The packaging was very simple yet elegant, not like the flamboyant packaging you`d see on other OTC detailing products. So I bought myself the microfiber drying towel (light orange in color, with grey seams) and the APC.

All I can say is, I`m impressed. The towel was very absorbent yet also very soft. And the APC was amazing. I used it to clean my door and trunk jambs with some old MFs and it cut through all the nasty grime and dirt. No more will I use a QD when cleaning the jambs.

I might head back to Target this week to purchase the glass cleaner and some more MF towels--and maybe another bottle of APC, too .

Vroom will be part of my detailing arsenal and I`m looking forward to trying the protectant and tire spray in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vroom seems to get good feedback on here. I got some of their stuff for my birthday this weekend (the 12 pack of microfibers x2 to be exact), and I think I am going to keep one pack and trade one in for a couple of the plusher grey ones that come in a 2 pack. They look to be the nicest OTC microfibers I have seen yet.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Vroom stuff, but I would avoid machine drying the MFs, as the edges will crinkle, giving you odd shaped towels. I haven`t heard anything bad about their products, it`s just I think people here don`t buy it much.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Vroom protectant and their glass cleaner are both awesome.

I noticed their tire shine was on clearance the last time I was in there. I might have to give that a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Want to know something cool? I can get 10% off all of these products.
    - Aaron M

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the Vroom stuff seems OK, but my local Target doesn`t seem to stock any of their line very well. They are often out of the sheepskin mitts, microfibers, etc. which I would consider essential wash and dry items. I haven`t actually bought any of the Vroom stuff because of this.

Maybe I just don`t fit their targeted demographic--see below.

According to bizjournals.com: Target thought that their existing car care products did not engage their store`s target customer enough. Method, the developers of the Vroom line, were asked by the Target automotive merchandisers to devise something to appeal to soccer moms instead of hardcore car enthusiasts. :think:

I just love those marketing geniuses.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been impressed with some of their stuff...considering the price. The Vroom MF drying towel works better than the Sonus waffle I just picked up...in hopes it would be better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been happy with the Vroom line-up as well, one of the better OTC line-up of products.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been impressed with some of their stuff...considering the price. The Vroom MF drying towel works better than the Sonus waffle I just picked up...in hopes it would be better.

I agree 100%, I had the big yellow Vroom MF drying towels first and thought I`d try my first waffle weave to see what I`d been missing. I ordered a yellow Sonus WW. Little did I know the Sonus WW didn`t work as well as something locally available for less $$.

I`m giving up on Sonus WW MF`s and will give another brand of WW a try, but the Vroom stuff ain`t so bad at all. The 12 packs make great all purpose towels. I`ll probably end up giving the 2 pack of the gray plusher ones a try this spring to see if they`re buffing and polishing worthy.

Post Thanks / Like
    geez thats odd. i havent tried the vroom stuff, but i wouldn`t trade my two sonus ww`s for the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    the yellow Sonus ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    WARNING: if you buy a vroom sheepskin mitt, check and feel deep in the mitt VERY CAREFULLY. thanks to a fellow member on this board, i found little black pine needles buried deep inside the mitt in several spots and i would of hate to think what would of happened to my paint if i used it . i thought it could of been an isolated incident, but apparently not if others found them as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Herb
    the yellow Sonus ones?

yup, thats them. funny thing is, they have gotten even better with age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried the Vroom car wash soap? I was tempted to buy it a few weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chml17l
    Some of the Vroom stuff seems OK, but my local Target doesn`t seem to stock any of their line very well. They are often out of the sheepskin mitts, microfibers, etc. which I would consider essential wash and dry items. I haven`t actually bought any of the Vroom stuff because of this.

Maybe I just don`t fit their targeted demographic--see below.

According to bizjournals.com: Target thought that their existing car care products did not engage their store`s target customer enough. Method, the developers of the Vroom line, were asked by the Target automotive merchandisers to devise something to appeal to soccer moms instead of hardcore car enthusiasts. :think:

I just love those marketing geniuses.

Kinda O/T, but I thought Method was a Target brand until I saw some of their products at Wally-World.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information