Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal- BRAND NEW PRODUCT!

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Nice write up Todd! I have been playing around with this product for a while, and I really like it so far. I obviously don`t know what the price will be, but I think it will be a big hit when it`s released! It goes on so easy like Opti-Seal or UPGP, and it looks amazing. From what I`ve been told the durability is right between that of Opti-Seal and UPGP, but the big benefit is that only one layer of this product is needed to achieve maximum durability and shine, unlike UPGP which usually works best after 3 layers.
    This is nice to hear Dave. I like the fact that you can use this in combo with BFWD & BFMS. This would make a great "top up" for someone wanting a quickie. And for someone like me I could see using this in the winter and being able to use the BF combo as my LSP all year round.

I already use Opti-Seal but BFCS would help to keep everything all in the family.

Post Thanks / Like

What would you use to remove it from the vehicle? Lets say down the road you wanted to do a traditional coat of sealer and wax. Is it necessary to remove this stuff before applying the sealer and wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the explanation Todd. As a follow up question to traditional vs WOWA sealants in general, if we can get good results from a clean mist spray, what is the point of the oily thick solution that other sealants contain? I like the idea of using this on surfaces WD wont allow, but convince me i still nee WD.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d also like to hear about pricing. I`m guessing that topic has been avoided as that might be something that`s not set at this time which is fine. If it`s priced under Opti-Seal, I think it`ll be a real home run. I really like WOWA products on certain area, some which were high lighted in pics like door jams and wheels, and wouldn`t mind giving this product a shot - especially if it has greater slickness than other similar applied products.
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write up! Crystal seal looks great. I like the sealants that work in so many areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjb89 View Post
    What would you use to remove it from the vehicle? Lets say down the road you wanted to do a traditional coat of sealer and wax. Is it necessary to remove this stuff before applying the sealer and wax?
    You can remove it just like any other wax or sealant. Once it cures, the polymers left behind are the same as those in Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, so anything that works on top of that will work just fine on top of Crystal Seal.

The look between the two (Wet Diamond and Crystal Seal) is going to be very similar but their may be some slight difference, the feel, slickness, and depth will all be extremely similar.

You can wax over it, seal over it, or remove it by claying, polishing, or using a stripping solution.

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Todd. As a follow up question to traditional vs WOWA sealants in general, if we can get good results from a clean mist spray, what is the point of the oily thick solution that other sealants contain? I like the idea of using this on surfaces WD wont allow, but convince me i still nee WD.
    I`m not 100% I understand your question. Are you saying that all `traditional` sealants have an oily thick solution? There are products that have a very thick solution that don`t last very long and products that have a thinner consistency that last a very long time. It really comes down to the type of polymers in the product, the way the polymers are delivered to the surface (which effects the amount that crosslink) and other chemicals.

If you are asking the specific difference between Wet Diamond vs. Crystal Seal, or for a compare and contrast, let me see if I can help.

Both use the same Wet Diamond tri-polymers as a base. Those are the primary ingredients in each product, and the ingredients most responsible for shine, durability, and surface tension (water beading). There are also some significant differences in gloss enhancers, secondary polymers, and solvents.

So while the end results is going to be very similar (we are talking BLACKFIRE) there will be some difference. Some may prefer the look of one over the other.

Ultimately I cannot convince you that you need one or the other. I spoke to a gentleman about 2 weeks ago who has been using BLACKFIRE on his `03 M3 since it was new and it still looks amazing today. This is how good the products have been since their inception, although we will not stop trying to improve them.

WOWA sealants are very cool, there is no doubt, and there is a large number of people who prefer these sealants to more traditional buff on, buff off sealants. We thought we could make something very unique, include the now famous Wet Diamond Polymers, and offer a sealant in this range. Much like Wet Diamond, expect Crystal Seal to be very easy to use and apply with almost no-high spots, a unique look, and really good durability.

Some may prefer to create their whiplash using one or the other, and there is certainly room for both, but either ways is fine with us!

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, I was wondering if this clean WOWA spray has a similar shine and durability, what is the point of the other ingredients that make WD the thicker oily solution it is?

Post Thanks / Like

So the difference between the two sealants mainly are.

There are also some significant differences in gloss enhancers, secondary polymers, and solvents.

And these are what is responsible for the different viscosities of the two products and the appearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    Todd, I was wondering if this clean WOWA spray has a similar shine and durability, what is the point of the other ingredients that make WD the thicker oily solution it is?
    You can pack more of the good stuff in a thicker sealant. This doesn`t mean that a thicker coating will be applied, but you can concentrate more on delivery a larger number of polymers to the paint. I`m not speaking in terms of BLACKFIRE, but in general. The solids content is just going to be higher.

That said, the durability of Crystal Seal is quite impressive for any sealant, regardless of application.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it thanks. Im gonna buy a bottle. Getting ready for the AIO, WD, crystal seal, and the spray sealant. Can`t wait. Been wanting to try a product like opti seal or ultima for a while, so now that the polymer family is the same it will be easier for me to sneak it in the rotation.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been looking forward to this one, Im a huge fan of Ultima PGP. One thing I really like about the Ultima is that it can be layered after 15min. What is the cure time on this 30-60?

Also how well does this layer on itself? 2-3 coats of the Ultima is significantly different looking then 1 single coat.

Post Thanks / Like

After you apply the crystal seal can you go back (say 2 weeks later) and reapply wet diamond over it? Or do you need to use gloss enhancing polish to clean and prep the surface again.

What I`m getting at is I would like to use Wet Diamond as my primary LSP and reapply it every 3 months or so but in between, once a month use the crystal seal as a quickie touchup. so my process would be WD-CS-CS-WD-CS-CS...... without any correction work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DHCrocks View Post
    After you apply the crystal seal can you go back (say 2 weeks later) and reapply wet diamond over it? Or do you need to use gloss enhancing polish to clean and prep the surface again.

What I`m getting at is I would like to use Wet Diamond as my primary LSP and reapply it every 3 months or so but in between, once a month use the crystal seal as a quickie touchup. so my process would be WD-CS-CS-WD-CS-CS...... without any correction work.
    Yes you can apply Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection on top of Crystal Seal, no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great!
    If it will cover 40 cars and is expensive, I`ll buy and use it once, then sell it to someone else for 39/40th of the price; then he can use it and sell the bottle to someone else for 38/40ths, then.....Oh well, you get the picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Is CS an acrylic based sealant?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information