Post Thanks / Like

New at Autopia-CarCare.com: Lake Country Waffle Pro Pads!

Lake Country Waffle Pro Polishing Pads!
    Polish like a professional with the high performance waffle pads!
    • Convoluted `waffle` face reduces pad skip and heat
    • Heavy duty backing material for long lasting performance
    • Available in 6.5 inch and 4 inch sizes

Lake Country Waffle Pro Foam Pads are designed for high performance polishing in any situation. The convoluted waffle design increases polishing performance by reducing pad hop, cooler buffing by increasing airflow, and improving operator control. The waffle face is preferred by many professional detailers in body shops and refinishing detailing centers.

The new pro color system foam is easy to understand for anybody previously familiar with polishing in a professional setting. The white pads are aggressive for removing sanding marks, oxidation, and serious paint defects. The orange pads are made from a light compounding foam for removing severe compounding haze, deep swirl marks, and refinishing worn paint. The black pads are perfect for light to medium defect removal including light compounding haze and swirl marks. The ultra gentle blue finishing foam is extremely soft and well suited to creating a perfect finish.

A unique hook and loop backing material covers the entire backs of the Lake Country Waffle Pro Foam Pads. This hook and loop forms a tight bond to any backing plate for a secure grip that keeps your pad where you place it, even in high RPM polishing applications. The hook and loop makes pad changes quick and easy.

Polish like a professional with the Lake Country Waffle Pro Foam Pads.

The Lake Country Waffle Pro pads are available in the following colors:

Waffle Pro White Compounding Pad - This firm, dense white foam pad creates a high level of friction. Use this pad with an aggressive compound to remove serious paint defects such as sanding scratches, deep scratches, oxidation, and weathered paint.

Waffle Pro Orange Heavy Polishing Pad - This dense foam pad creates a moderate level of friction. Use this pad with a polishing compound or medium grade polish depending on the level of polishing action you want to achieve. It will remove severe compounding haze, deep swirl marks, and weathered paint.

Waffle Pro Black Finishing Pad - This medium density foam is soft to the touch providing a light level of friction. Use this pad with medium grade polish to remove light swirl marks, light compounding haze, or towel marks. Use this pad with a finishing polish to create a high-gloss, swirl-free shine.

Waffle Pro Blue Finessing Pad - This ultra soft pad is extremely gentle creating minimal friction. Use this pad with a finishing or ultra finishing polish to create extreme levels of gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New at Autopia-CarCare.com: Lake Country Waffle Pro Pads!

Todd,

Are these pads targeted more towards the 3401? That is my initial impression and understanding based on their sizing. I am looking forward to possibly trying these in the future on my 3401 in place of the LC CCS pads I currently use for it.

Post Thanks / Like

How do these colors map to the traditional LC colors?

The white sounds like an aggressive pad but the rest have descriptions than tend to match the traditional LC orange, blue, black.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Todd,

Are these pads targeted more towards the 3401? That is my initial impression and understanding based on their sizing. I am looking forward to possibly trying these in the future on my 3401 in place of the LC CCS pads I currently use for it.
    These pads will work great on a FLEX, but they offer an alternative to similar waffle pads that are available in larger sizes from other manufacturers. I believe the foam material is even identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    How do these colors map to the traditional LC colors?

The white sounds like an aggressive pad but the rest have descriptions than tend to match the traditional LC orange, blue, black.
    http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...son-chart.html

The White Foam is aggressive, similar to a Yellow Foam (maybe a hair more). The Orange Foam is pretty much on par with other oranges. The Black is slightly more aggressive than traditional black/gray foam, and the Blue foam is extremely fine, about the level of a gold pad.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Lake Country is trying to make the Flex more acceptable to the market (less complaints from users on forced rotation since some just do not like the feel) by offering better backing plate options and flex friendly pads to counter these perceived negatives for a lack of an LC entry in the microfiber pad market.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Lake Country is trying to make the Flex more acceptable to the market (less complaints from users on forced rotation since some just do not like the feel) by offering better backing plate options and flex friendly pads to counter these perceived negatives for a lack of an LC entry in the microfiber pad market.
    This is what I have been thinking as well. LC seems to be coming out with more products targeted towards the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

These pads can be used on any machines. They are also the most popular foams in the professional industry. They are a line by themselves.
    Eric Dunn
    Lake Country Mfg, Inc
    eric@lakecountrymfg.com
    www.lakecountrymfg.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pad Man View Post
    These pads can be used on any machines. They are also the most popular foams in the professional industry. They are a line by themselves.
    Eric, why didn`t LC just use the new hybrid foam (just without the bevels) for these pads if it was a new line?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Eric, why didn`t LC just use the new hybrid foam (just without the bevels) for these pads if it was a new line?
    Since we manufacture just mainly pads and plates, we are always coming up with different foams, ideas, designs. It would be different if we did chemicals and machines and stuff like that.
    Eric Dunn
    Lake Country Mfg, Inc
    eric@lakecountrymfg.com
    www.lakecountrymfg.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eric!

Thread Information