Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant for painted alloy wheels?

I`ve a read a ton of reviews for Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (WETS), as result I`ve purchased a bottle. Hopefully this week I`ll be able to get around and start using it on my trim. I also read along the way the it can be used for metal as well. Does anyone have any experience with WETS on painted alloy wheels? If so or known, how`s it compare to using a dedicated wheel wax?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant for painted alloy wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by puma1824 View Post
    I`ve a read a ton of reviews for Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (WETS), as result I`ve purchased a bottle. Hopefully this week I`ll be able to get around and start using it on my trim. I also read along the way the it can be used for metal as well. Does anyone have any experience with WETS on painted alloy wheels? If so or known, how`s it compare to using a dedicated wheel wax?

Thanks.
    It does wheel on wheels for sure, but it`s not as good as a dedicated wheel wax like Detailers Wheel Glaze or a WOWA spray sealant like BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal. Unless the wheels are truly uncoated (polished aluminum or chrome) metal, then it does really well, although not quite up their with dedicated metal sealants like BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Metal Sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant for painted alloy wheels?

I have, and used "WETS" here and there, a great product on Weatherstipping, and some vinyl-plastic trim.

As for coating a clear coated-painted Wheel, it has to be better than nothing for sure, but there are literal countless products you could use, that will give you better, long lasting protection IMO.

As we know, wheels go through literal hell, dirt, brake dust, rain, salt, snow, and all sorts of other nasties as well.

I believe the best choice would be some form of a coating, the tougher the better. Like CQuartz, DP-Pinnacle Paint Coating, Opticoat 2.0, GTechniq C1, or EXO, etc.

No, not cheap initially, but wise money spent, if you want the very best in protection, and again IMO.

My recent philosophies are, buy a bottle, a huge bottle of coating, do the whole vehicle, and the wheels too!

Prep will be important, the cleaner they are, the better the coating will bond. And a bottle of Carpro Iron-X won`t hurt. Think of them just like your paint finish on the vehicle.
    Mark

Thread Information