Thread: xpel clear bra

Post Thanks / Like

xpel clear bra

I have my car almost conpletely covered with xpel clear bra. I have alot of blackfire products but didnt know if you guys had any recommendations for sealant or wax on top of the bra.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: xpel clear bra

Quote Originally Posted by prdetail View Post
    I have my car almost conpletely covered with xpel clear bra. I have alot of blackfire products but didnt know if you guys had any recommendations for sealant or wax on top of the bra.
    Pretty much any BLACKFIRE sealant or wax will work fine (always test an inconspicuous spot first to be safe)

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3M on my hood, front bumper, and fenders; but definitely have full coats of AFPP, Poly, and a bit of crystal seal on mine. The overall cleanliness + effect of Blackfire has basically made the bra line near invisible until you`re pretty much 2 feet away.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m in the same boat, Just had our new 2014 Cadillac SRX done in full coverage on the hood and front end. I`m getting ready to do a Blackfire wet ice over fire seal & wax this weekend. Can`t wait to see how it turns out

Post Thanks / Like

I have both 3M and XPel films on my car. I`ve used just about every product under the sun with them and only had one issue, which the manufacturer paid to replace.

I would say to stay away from panel prep products and products that contain petroleum distillates. Other than that, you can generally treat the clear bra as a clear coat on paint. Happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a combo if 3M scotch and Xpel on my car as well and I have used (successfully) BFWD, EXO v1. I am sure V2 would work as well but since its on, and still going strong for almost 2 years there is not reason to mess with it.

As Ryan has suggested, I would not use any solvents and harsh products like panel wipe. I have used a light IPA (10-15% Ipa and the balance distilled water) to wipe before a coating. Be careful at the edges so the IPA does not begin to loosen an edge. I always saturate a MF and wipe the panel, then take a dry one and remove. The purpose it just to remove any oils or contamination left over from fingerprints or polishing.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything will work. But since you made a large investment to coat your car, you may as well pick up XPel`s sealant. You can buy it from them. I`ve used numerous LSPs on clear bra and have never had an issue, including BF Products.

Thread Information