Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Would you use this dry wash product on a Lamborghini?

There are few guys in the Lamborghini forum suggesting this dry wash product is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I can`t find a single mention of it in any of the detailing forums. Has anyone heard of it and would you use this to clean and polish a Lamborghini instead of a proper wash/clean/polish/wax?

Home page - Chadwick`s Triple Play

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you use this dry wash product on a Lamborghini?

Looks to me like an overly priced hyped up waterless wash that makes some ridiculous claims. There is no way this product cannot replace claying and polishing . The claim that water and soap scratches vehicles is absurd. Sure dirty water will, but a water rinse before a wash is one of the best things that you can do to flush off contaminants before touching the paint. Waterless Washes have their place but will never replace the traditional water/soap method especially for moderate to heavily soiled vehicles. If you want a good waterless wash, save your money and buy some of the Ultima Waterless Wash concentrate. For about $20 bucks you can make over 5 gallons of product. It also leaves behind a great shine and adds some protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bswombaugh View Post
    Looks to me like an overly priced hyped up waterless wash that makes some ridiculous claims. There is no way this product cannot replace claying and polishing . The claim that water and soap scratches vehicles is absurd. Sure dirty water will, but a water rinse before a wash is one of the best things that you can do to flush off contaminants before touching the paint. Waterless Washes have their place but will never replace the traditional water/soap method especially for moderate to heavily soiled vehicles. If you want a good waterless wash, save your money and buy some of the Ultima Waterless Wash concentrate. For about $20 bucks you can make over 5 gallons of product. It also leaves behind a great shine and adds some protection.
    Those are my thoughts exactly but I`m being ridiculed over there for trying to warn them. There`s no way I`d use something like this on my Lamborghini for fear of scratching the paint. Does anyone have a different opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gobble View Post
    Those are my thoughts exactly but I`m being ridiculed over there for trying to warn them. There`s no way I`d use something like this on my Lamborghini for fear of scratching the paint. Does anyone have a different opinion?
    Sometimes there`s no winning with the thick headed like they seem to be. Don`t waste your time. let them destroy their Lambos. Let them come to you to fix.
    Likes EXPDetailing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Sometimes there`s no winning with the thick headed like they seem to be. Don`t waste your time. let them destroy their Lambos. Let them come to you to fix.
    I have a Lambo myself and this just struck me as a really, really bad idea. It`s seemed to be blindly accepted as a good idea in that thread which I don`t get. Years ago I used a similar product cleaning airplanes at a local airport and it was a dirty mess. I thought I`d come to the detailing experts and find out what the stuff really is.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a common occurrence on car/bike forums across the board. You`ll drive yourself crazy before you convince them that there are better ways. At least YOU know better, and practice better techniques.
    Likes EXPDetailing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many good rinseless wash offerings by Blackfire, Optimum, Wolfgang, Ultima etc. I would stick to the ones that have been proven to work.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

There are few guys in the Lamborghini forum suggesting this dry wash product is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I can`t find a single mention of it in any of the detailing forums. Has anyone heard of it and would you use this to clean and polish a Lamborghini instead of a proper wash/clean/polish/wax?

Home page - Chadwick`s Triple Play
    I have to concur that it seems expensive for what else is a proven water-less and or rinse-less washes on the market. Sites like that I have some suspect about they make claims that as a detailer with a fair amount of hands on experience, I know are not true.

If you are looking for two products that I`ve used for years...Poorboys World Spray and Wipe and ORN Rinse-less wash.

As in any product read the labels to use property understand it`s limitations
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Would a professional detailer use a wash-less product if he had access to a hose? Is it a time-saving thing to get more cars done on a dealer lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Tons of fillers in it!

Post Thanks / Like

Would a professional detailer use a wash-less product if he had access to a hose? Is it a time-saving thing to get more cars done on a dealer lot.
    I`m not a pro but have a lot of detail experience, my thoughts are you use what is the best solution for the job.

That said I`ve done plenty of customers cars (part time weekend gig for me) with waterless washes..However there are those jobs that you know are going to require a bucket wash.

I`m in Calif and we are in a very serious drought so using water this summer is going to be very hard to non existing...So I will be turning to the alternatives, my customers will know this going in, but we are all in the same place regarding water here...
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    This is a common occurrence on car/bike forums across the board. You`ll drive yourself crazy before you convince them that there are better ways. At least YOU know better, and practice better techniques.
    Agreed, there are very few revolutionary products out. That is definitely not one of them. If you want a revolutionary product, tell them to go look at hydro2.

Oh yea just to put things in perspective. His buffer block is cg`s clay block but marked up 10$ and his towels look to be 360gsm at most, I do carpets and doors with those... 12.99 per towel

http://chadwickstripleplay.com/featu...re-towels.html

I love how they don`t mention the gsm, they look like shop rags...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Agreed, there are very few revolutionary products out. That is definitely not one of them. If you want a revolutionary product, tell them to go look at hydro2.

Oh yea just to put things in perspective. His buffer block is cg`s clay block but marked up 10$ and his towels look to be 360gsm at most, I do carpets and doors with those... 12.99 per towel

Chadwick`s Micro Fibre Towels - Feature Product - Chadwick`s Triple Play

I love how they don`t mention the gsm, they look like shop rags...
    Do you think the liquid is also someone else`s product repackaged?

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many proven waterless wash products on the market that safely remove some level of dirt without scratching that I don`t think I would risk an unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    There are so many proven waterless wash products on the market that safely remove some level of dirt without scratching that I don`t think I would risk an unknown.
    Do you think waterless is a preferred alternative to a wash with water and a high quality bodywork shampoo? I noticed Pinnacle also makes a waterless product (~4 gallons for $25).

When would you use that instead of the bodywork shampoo? Would I want to use that instead of washing my car if its been lightly driven for a couple weeks and covered with dust and light dirt? I cringe at that thought, but maybe I`m wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information