Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

All in one interior products.

Hey guys.

I am just wondering if all in one interior products such as Einszett Cockpit Premium, Mothers VLR, Meguiars Quik Interior detailer, are sufficient to protect the interior, or is it better to use a stand alone protectant?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: All in one interior products.

I like to use a sealant like Ultima IGP or WG Interior Sealant and then Megs QID to maintain. I keep 6oz bottles of QID with a MF towel in all my cars for quick clean ups and wife downs.

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO87 View Post
    Hey guys.

I am just wondering if all in one interior products such as Einszett Cockpit Premium, Mothers VLR, Meguiars Quik Interior detailer, are sufficient to protect the interior, or is it better to use a stand alone protectant?

Thanks!
    Hi Glenn, welcome to AutopiaForums!

That`s a great question.

Most "all-in-one" interior detailers offer some level of protection, although, as you can guess, not as much as protectant.

So if you are using an interior detailer often (say once per week) then it will offer all the protection you need. If you plan on using it less frequently, it would be a good idea to add some protection as a base layer and maintain with the detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Megs QID. It cleans and leaves some protection behind. If you do weekly or Bi-weekly interior wipe downs I think you are fine.

Look at it this way, many people never "dress" / protect their interiors and they last fine. Something like Megs UID is just added protection. I have also used Ultima IGP & WG Interior Sealant as added protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with cockpit for sure, for heavy soiling use 1z`s deep plastic cleaner. Another great way to upkeep the dash is sonax dash board, very very cost efficient!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using nothing but Meguiar`s Quik Interior Detailer for the past year. I may have applied 303 or Meg`s Natural Protectant once or twice over the past 18 months. I generally don`t care for the look a protectant provides the interior. An all in one interior product suites the needs of my daily driver very well! I am looking foward to trying Einzett Cockpit Premium next!

Welcome to AF, Glenn!

Post Thanks / Like

I usually switch between a few products. For example I use meguiar`s QID as my base and then follow up with meguiar`s ultimate protectant or natural shine.

Based on a review on autogeek I have given the mother`s VLR and mother`s protectant combo a try. I use it in the same manner using VLR as my base followed the protectant.

I then maintain until with the all in one to remove light dust until it`s time to reapply the protectant.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I am not the biggest Meguiars fan but QID is AMAZING. I use VLR on my leather in between deep cleans. It does get 45 degrees C and about 115 degrees F here in Australia......So i sort of sat there and thought, well i like Chemical Guys Silk Shine, leaves a dark flat finish, and it is more a cream/liquid, so would it moisturize and protect better than a light spray like QID or all in one?

VLR is VERY VERY good for leather in between deep cleans on leather seats i highly advise trying it...

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love 1Z Cockpit Premium. I would have to say that it is my favorite and "go-to" interior detailer. It does offer some protection, but not much. The best thing about it is the fact that it leaves a factory matte finish; no greasy, glossy look.

I have a convertible, so I need UV protection. After consulting with 1Z USA, they said that while Cockpit Premium does have UV inhibitors, it was not really designed for that because the windshield filters out most of the UV light. Of course, this doesn`t apply if you don`t have a top, so I`ve used Ultima Interior Guard Plus to provide the UV protection, while still using Cockpit Premium for cleaning since it has a pleasant scent and matte finish.

My second product that is "all-in-one" would be SONAX Dashboard. It is just like 1Z, however it foams - which could be a plus for deeper cleaning with a microfiber towel. Between 1Z and this, I would probably choose 1Z, however it is an excellent choice, especially if you get it in one of SONAX`s packs that contain Full Effect Wheel Cleaner or Glass Cleaner (which is my favorite glass cleaner.)

1Z also makes a protectant. It was designed for exterior use but can be used on the dash and wiped down for the desired look. It has all the protection you could want. For heavy cleaning, you`ll be hard pressed to find something better than 1Z Deep Plastic. I use it all the time, both on the exterior and interior. It is truly a fantastic product.

Hope this helps and happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

My two favs for interior maintenance are Megs QID and 1Z Cockpit. I think each do a fantastic job. For some reason I think that 1Z has a "cleaner" scent to it. I keep a small bottle of QID and a MF towel in the car for "quick" wipedowns.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently picked up Griots interior kit and am pleased with it. At first I was skeptical since the vinyl and rubber dressing looked and smelled like armor all, but ended up leaving a way less shiney finish. The griots interior cleaning spray even got some stains off of my cloth seats and door arm rests and I put in maybe 50% effort since it was cold outside

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with rest, If your interior is in good condition, you an use an all in one product. In reality, the plastics used by the manufacturer will be the single biggest variable to a long life (fading, cracking, etc). I tend to choose by scent. I have used p[roducts like Meg`s, CG All Clean, Mothers VLR, 1z Cockpit Premum and now Auto Finesse. The choice actually is more about scent. Meg`s is so easy and available and a safe choice. I really like the light leather like scent from Mothers and prefer that on steering wheels and coated leather. The 1z sometimes irritates my nose since it has a zesty clean scent.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

My car doesnt really have much plastic, the doors are a wrapped matte vinyl i guess you could say? and soft to the touch.......Meguiars need to bring out a air freshener that smells like the QID, it smells amazing!!

I would love to try Sonax stuff especially the Net Shield. But the supplier for Australia pulled out so no one here distributes it anymore ARRGGHHH!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO87 View Post
    My car doesnt really have much plastic, the doors are a wrapped matte vinyl i guess you could say? and soft to the touch.......Meguiars need to bring out a air freshener that smells like the QID, it smells amazing!!

I would love to try Sonax stuff especially the Net Shield. But the supplier for Australia pulled out so no one here distributes it anymore ARRGGHHH!!!!
    I do not think you could buy a product like Meg`s QID any cheaper than QID labeled for automotive use. Meg`s sells a gallon and quite inexpensive.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Aus we dont get most of the perks like you guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information