Post Thanks / Like

Question on MF towel usage?

I am still an amateur when I comes to detailing and still have a lot to learn. For the professional detailers out there I have a question on which type of MF towel to use for a given task. I guess what I mean is what weight or thickness of towel works best for the task it is going to be used for. So the questions would be as follows, what type of towel to use for:

QD sprays?

rinseless washing?

taking off wax?

taking off polish?

drying?

Drying or cleaning glass?

I have a number of different kinds of towels and would like to be educated on MF towels to make sure I am using the proper towel for the task. I have read though the detail guide but I would like a professionals opinion what you use for a task.

The towels I have are as follows:
    Eurow commercial 300GSM general purpose towel, I use these for wax removal and this is my biggest concern if this is the proper towel to use or if I should be using a thicker towel.

Eurow MF double density 66GSM, this towel I tried for QD but don`t seem to work well for that. I have tried them for rinseless washing and not sure if this is part of my problem with a film or streaking after car has been dried off. This towel is actually 2 towels sewn together but the nap is really furry and thick. I have noticed they seem to shed or leave fibers behind.

GG Speed Shine towels, I use for QD and seem to be a decent towel, they work alright, they are soft but seem a little on the thin side, maybe looking for something better.

Meg`s WW and a Viking WW used for drying, both seem to be good towels, just got the Viking towel and only used it once, reasonably priced also.

Chemical Guys Monster Microfiber 550+ g/m2, I have been using these as a final dry or quick buff after using the WW towels. I have not had a chance to do much quick detailing since it has gotten cold here but I bought a few of these for that purpose and for final buff after wax removal.

Zwipes MF Windshield and Glass cleaning clothes, these weren`t bad for the money, they have a nylon weave on one side like an onion bag and the MF towel side. The nylon side works great but the MF side leaves something to be desired and for that reason is one isn`t enough to get a dirty windshield clean. They do work good on mirrors though. Looking for something better but have been just using the the general purpose MF towel for final wipe.

I guess the biggest concern I have is what is the best for type of towel for wax removal? I am using the general purpose but I think they may be on the thin side but not sure. I am open to all comments and suggestions. I also greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question on MF towel usage?

Depends, here`s a comparison chart for the Cobra towels AG & Autopia sells. Give it a read and you should get an idea! I`m sure others will chime in with their opinions on each towels use.

Microfiber Towels Comparison Chart

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colinpd137 View Post
    Depends, here`s a comparison chart for the Cobra towels AG & Autopia sells. Give it a read and you should get an idea! I`m sure others will chime in with their opinions on each towels use.

Microfiber Towels Comparison Chart

That helps a lot, it shines a better light on the subject. Thanks for the chart.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

IN my opinion this is what I like.

QD sprays? Something not to absorbent so you get a chance to spread the QD. I use the Pakshak Ultra smooth, or the flat side of the Cobra Gold Plush Jr. Then buff to a shine with plush side of the gold plush or any plush towel

rinseless washing? I like the Eurow 660, Cobra 600 or 530.

taking off wax? Pakshak big boy Or 600 Cobras

taking off polish? Flat side of any of the cobra towel or Megs supreme shine

drying? best drying towel I have is from Autoality, 2nd place goes to guzzler hd.

Drying or cleaning glass? Megs Supreme Shine
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dd1101 I really appreciate the info and that helps a lot.

Dean.
    Dean.

Thread Information