Post Thanks / Like

Waterless Wash Users - What kind of sprayer?

Monday, just before I left for home, we got a quick shower. Water was still on the car but the roads were dry. I got home and decided a waterless wash was in order. Additionally, I decided to use a pump sprayer for the first time with waterless (I use one when rinseless washing.) Surprisingly (to me anyway), it really cut down the time from, say, 45min to a little over 30min. (Yes, I go pretty slow.) I did use far more product (20oz v. 8-10oz). I`m sure I can reduce that somewhat with sprayer pattern.

So the question - what kind of sprayer do you use? Trigger, pump or something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless Wash Users - What kind of sprayer?

Dear Michael

I`ve been using a Kwazar Venus pressurized sprayer, but I don`t know if I like it any better than the Kwazar Mercury Pro pump sprayer.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Any adjustable trigger type sprayer works for me. As the mf towel gets more & more wet then less spray is needed unless the surface is quite dirty. Windows don`t get sprayed at all as I do them last and the towel is wet by then.

Post Thanks / Like

I have pump sprayer I picked up locally but I don`t care for it because I find that it doesn`t want to pressurize if I only fill it 1/2 - 1/4 full to begin with. If I fill it up all the way then it is not problem, but I very seldom need an entire sprayer full. Also I can get a good misting pattern from it but overall it is not that much better than the pump sprayers I would use in this case.

I have been using the Kwazar Mercury Pro for a little over a year now for certain products / applications (Clay Lube / ONR Cleaning & QD / Permanon Application) and I really like them. This is literally one of the best spray bottles I have ever used. Are they pricy? Yes!! But I see them as an investment that if I use them properly and take care of them they may last me for years, not just weeks or 1 detailing season. The adjustable nozzle on the sprayer is really very good. I can set it and it will stay in that exact setting until I change it. (So far I have had one set for 3 months). It adjusts from a stream to a super fine mist. And I love the double pump action. It can really reduce the time and squeezes needed accomplish a goal.

The double pump action plus the fine mist setting have allowed me to evenly coat a panel with solution but at the same time minimize the amount of solution needed because the fine mist cover the panel but doesn`t run off like bigger beads of solution.

If you don`t have any I would seriously consider getting even just one.

Post Thanks / Like

The Kwazar Double Action sprayers work great if you want to lay down a nice layer of WW quickly, while still saving on product.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use a trigger sprayer. I used to use a pressurized pump sprayer, but found that I was using too much product.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Poorboy Spray & Wipe all the time. I use a mister style sprayer. It wets the panel in an even manner, and that`s important for full coverage.

The one I have is not a pump sprayer just a trigger, that I picked up at a local janitorial supply house. Incidental those supply places are great for some detailing supplies.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information