Post Thanks / Like

Is Blackfire wet diamond acrylic?

Anybody know?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Blackfire wet diamond acrylic?

I believe Wet Diamond is a blend of three different polymers, one of which is acrylic, IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess based on what Todd has said I would say BFWD is a Polymer sealant and not an acrylic sealant like Klasse SG.

I have questions though. Based on the Polymer vs Acrylic... Why do I get so much better protection from Acrylic sealants than Polymer`s? And if Acrylic sealants offer better protection why are there not more of them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I guess based on what Todd has said I would say BFWD is a Polymer sealant and not an acrylic sealant like Klasse SG.

I have questions though. Based on the Polymer vs Acrylic... Why do I get so much better protection from Acrylic sealants than Polymer`s? And if Acrylic sealants offer better protection why are there not more of them?
    I would like to know as well.

Post Thanks / Like

if acrylic sealants offer better protection, i`d like to know which companies offer them. i love blackfire but i`m all for more protection

Post Thanks / Like

There is only few I know of.

Klasse: HGSG (I know there is a German version called Carlack as well)
    Werkstatt: Acrylic Jett
    Chemical Guys: Factory Sealant, Blitz
    Sonus Acrylic Glanz

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Wet Diamond is a fortified polymer Sealant, it has the latest German technology in it, has long as I know when I was at PAC.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure I would agree that pure acrylics offer better protection. Again, based on memory, the original plan for Blackfire was to be a 100% acrylic sealant, but a lot of testing was done, and it was found by combining the different polymers it was possible to get better protection as well as the unique "Wet Diamond" look.

Are you finding more resistance to bug splatter and bird etchings with an acrylic?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I`m not sure I would agree that pure acrylics offer better protection. Again, based on memory, the original plan for Blackfire was to be a 100% acrylic sealant, but a lot of testing was done, and it was found by combining the different polymers it was possible to get better protection as well as the unique "Wet Diamond" look.

Are you finding more resistance to bug splatter and bird etchings with an acrylic?

I am finding that 2-3 coats of Klasse HGSG offer much more protection than other polymer based sealants. With KSG I have found bug splatter to clean of easily. But I don`t have anything like the love bugs that are down south. As far a bird etchings go I find both sealant types to be fairly equal as bird dropping will etch any finish and protection if left on long enough.

IMO the biggest thing for me as far as protection is if a sealant can last through the tough winters we have. IME 2-3 coats of KSG will easily last me through the winter here in ohio and I usually have to strip it off in the spring to switch back to nubas. But polymer based sealant have only lasted me though half the winter at which point I have had to re-apply. This is the biggest test of durability IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I am finding that 2-3 coats of Klasse HGSG offer much more protection than other polymer based sealants. With KSG I have found bug splatter to clean of easily. But I don`t have anything like the love bugs that are down south. As far a bird etchings go I find both sealant types to be fairly equal as bird dropping will etch any finish and protection if left on long enough.

IMO the biggest thing for me as far as protection is if a sealant can last through the tough winters we have. IME 2-3 coats of KSG will easily last me through the winter here in ohio and I usually have to strip it off in the spring to switch back to nubas. But polymer based sealant have only lasted me though half the winter at which point I have had to re-apply. This is the biggest test of durability IMO.
    Troy, I appreciate this information as I too live in Ohio. I am looking for something for my personal cars that will survive our winters and all of the salt and repeated washes. How hard is the Klasse HGSG to apply?

Post Thanks / Like

Good Info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rudyjr View Post
    Troy, I appreciate this information as I too live in Ohio. I am looking for something for my personal cars that will survive our winters and all of the salt and repeated washes. How hard is the Klasse HGSG to apply?
    I have perfected my Klasse HGSG over time and now find it very easy to apply. This year I mixed KSG @ 1:3 (KSG:Water) This made the application even easier and allowed me to do multiple coats in a day. When using KSG straight I apply it as thin as possible (we`re talking if you see a film its probably to thick). Let it cure for a few hours and then remove. I have found the longer you let it setup the easier it is to remove.

Thread Information