Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy My brother`s cars need some serious help!

My brother from the Philippines texted me one night stating that it`s been raining for hours and that water was rising. 2 hours later, he texted back and said water is waist deep and already sipping into the cars. After another 2 hours, he texted and said the water is almmost 6 feet deep and that they are stuck on the second floor. I called him and was able to talk to him for 2 minutes and then the line got disconnected. I tried calling him again on his cell and landline and all I got was a recording stating that the line is no longer in service. I started calling all of my relatives and friends but I was not able to get a hold of anyone for an hour and a half.

I finally got a hold of my cousin and he was able to get a text message through to my brother. We basically told my brother that almost a big area was flooded and that they need to stay on their second level and wait for rescue. We kept calling the rescue hotline and provided them with my brother`s exact location. No one expected so much rain in so little amount of time. 2 dams were over max capacity and they had to release water which caused flooding in a lot of area. Last message I got from my brother was the message he sent to the rescue hotline. He basically said the water if almost to their second level and that they are on the attic. That there`s four adults and 2 kids who were 4 and 6. There was more message and it was very scary feeling to know that your family is in danger and there is nothing you can do about it. We didn`t sleep that weekend because we were so worried about the,. We kept watching the news and we were relieved when they reported that flooding had dropped significantly. We were able to get a text from my cousin (10 hours after we received my brother`s last text message) letting us know that my brother and his family is ok and that water is only waist deep now.

A week later I was able to talk to my brother. He sent me pictures of the damages to the house and cars. We were all glad that their house has cement foundation so it didn`t get washed away by the strong current and that they didn`t have to stay on the roof and wait for rescue.

All appliances and furnitures are destroyed. Not sure what`s going to happen to the cars though. Labor is very cheap in the Philippines so I`m sure mechanics are just going to take it apart, clean it, overhaul it then put it back together.

Below is the last pic they took with their cellphone because they were conserving battery of emergency use. That`s their first level and they have 10 feet ceiling. They were trap for a day and a half with only 2 gallons of spring water and some bread and no electricity.

Think I can go there and buff them out?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My brother`s cars need some serious help!

Wow, that is bringing it home ...is it not?

I am glad to hear that you mentioned good fortune with this horrendous mess.(reference concrete foundation) You and your family sound like very good optimists.

But optimistic or not I do not think buffing will do. Unless you are talking about the finished paint job after all the cheap labor. LOL!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Thread Information