Post Thanks / Like

How can you stop water stains?

I just recently (maybe 2 months ago) had gone over my black Mariner with some SSR1 and then hit it with some EX and Natty`s red. It looked great and I was happy once again.

Then about a week ago, we got pummeled with rain storms and when I went to finally wash the car later that week, I`ve now got these horrible stains that won`t come off...and they`re everywhere!! I guess I`ll have to claybar/polish/wax the whole thing again.

Isn`t my wax supposed to keep this from happening? or can the rain actually eat through the wax?

Now, I do wash my car quite frequently (usually once a week, sometimes more)...is it possible that after 4 or 5 washings I washed the wax off? I mean, the car still beads water, so it seems to me the wax is still there, but I don`t know.

It`s just so frustrating spending hours making her look great only to have to deal with this shortly after getting it all cleaned up.

Any suggestions you guys can offer would be great. Still to this day, I`d love to get rid of this black car...it just consumes my life and frustrates the crap out of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How can you stop water stains?

Yeah I cant wait to hear responses for this. this is the same problem I run in to and its very frustrating!! It makes you want to give up!

Post Thanks / Like

I notice I get waterspotting as well when I have a wax for my LSP. I think the fact that the LSP contributes to the water beading and then the water sits and dries in those beads, leaving behind whatever was in the water. In places where there`s lots of "junk" in the rainater, I would imagine it is a lot worse.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

This time of year if you leave a car sitting outside you will get it covered with dust from the soy been fields when the farms are cutting the beens.

I little rain or condensation from the cool nights and it mixes with the dust to make a mess.

Mine cleans up with a little S&W but I use sealant not wax.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO I`d say that the hardness of the water you use has a lot to do with it as well. We have really hard water like over 400 ppm / 27 grains and if you don`t keep the panels wet while washing and let it dry up instant water spots. Do you know the hardness of your water? If it`s too hot I cannot even wash my truck because it`ll dry up too fast and have crazy water spots.
    Hudd`s Mobile Auto Detailing
    "At Your Door Auto Care"

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

as stated above , there is not much you can do... air quality is not getting better and whether it comes as rain or out of a faucet, if it`s beading the minerals in the water beads will eat through any LSP if not removed fairly quick...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sheesh, so I guess I need to hire someone to `guard` my truck and constantly wipe the water off when it rains.

I should just drive a beater...it`d save me a ton of time and money...but then I wouldn`t look very cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post

I should just drive a beater...it`d save me a ton of time and money...but then I wouldn`t look very cool.
    That is exactly what I did for the past 23 years.
    I just sold it but I paid $2500 for a Bronco II and drove it for 23 years.

The 4 wheel drive worked and it still ran very good but the winters took their toll on the body so I had to give up on it.

When it was raining or snowing I would leave my good vehicles in the garage and drive the Ole Bronco.
    This not only makes it easy to keep you good car clean but it will keep it looking that way for years.
    Where I live having an old beater really make sense.

Thread Information