Post Thanks / Like

Four Star Leather Conditioner on vinyl

Does 4* LC harm vinyl. Given the most top coated leather seats usually are really combination of leather in seating areas and vinyl elsewhere, would applying 4* to these vinyl surfaces do any harm?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Four Star Leather Conditioner on vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Does 4* LC harm vinyl. Given the most top coated leather seats usually are really combination of leather in seating areas and vinyl elsewhere, would applying 4* to these vinyl surfaces do any harm?
    Sure hope not!
    I have been using it on our 2000 Pontiac GTP since 2002 or 2003. The leather still looks great. Maybe not totally "like new", but close enough for someone that didn`t see them new.
    It may not be the best leather conditioner on the market, but it seems to be working for me. The smell is something I really like. Not overpowering, just a hint of leather scent.

I used a Woolite and water mix, (1 part Woolite, 6 parts water) for cleaning for a couple of years, but have been using Four Star Leather Cleaner for the past 3 or four years.
    There`s talk that a leather conditioner doesn`t do any good on coated leather. Whether the condition of my seats is due to the conditioner or due to the regular cleaning, I have no idea. I just know something is working.
    It`s not a garage queen either. It`s a daily driver with about 60,000 miles on it. It`s used, but not abused.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to Rich V. at Four Star and he said that the LC is a water based and the only oils are the scent. I think it is more a protectant type product and not a traditional leather conditioner with oils so it is suited for top coated leather.

I was just wondering if I could apply it to vinyl (the parts of the seat that are not top coated leather). I am not suggesting to use it on the dash or other trim. I may just ask 4* again.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used Lexol leather conditioner on vinyl and it worked great.It gave the vinyl a new look and feel, being not greasy at all.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I was just wondering if I could apply it to vinyl (the parts of the seat that are not top coated leather). I am not suggesting to use it on the dash or other trim. I may just ask 4* again.
    The Pontiac has a typical "leather" interior with probably 80% of it being vinyl. I think the only true leather is the seating area of the front seats only, the steering wheel, the gear shift knob, and the boot that surrounds the shift lever. (I guess it`s still a shift knob and boot even when it`s an automatic. I use the 4 Star on everything but the dash, door panels and trim. No visible bad effect so far.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I use Zaino Z-10 and Duragloss 221 on both coated leather and vinyl with great result.
    Keep Detailing

Thread Information