Post Thanks / Like

Question Convertible Leather Seats - UV Protectant?

Hi Folks!

I have a Sebring convertible with leather seats - reading from the experts here, it seems I would want to treat my seats with a leather conditioner with UV protectant.

Just wondering what you folks use for leather seats in convertibles ... 303? - although I read 303 is not the best for leather. Lexol? - although I`m not sure it has UV protectant. Platinum Leather Conditioner gets rave reviews, but like Lexol, not sure it protects against UV.

Thanks for your advice!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have vinyl "Corinthian" coated leather, so you dont treat it like leather. If you were to use leather conditioner on it, it would have no effect, the oil would just sit there. Treat your seats as if they were vinyl.

You might want to call your dealer and double check on that, but I am about 100% sure that your Chrysler does not have regular leather seats.

As for vinyl recommendations, well it just depends on your liking.

Vinylex by Lexol is something I have used. Its very glossy, but the more you buff it, the less glossy it is.

303 gets good reviews, I have not personally used it, however it does give good UV protection, and I do know that no matter what 303 is going to give you a very matte look.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Convertible Leather Seats - UV Protectant?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigAl96

I have a Sebring convertible with leather seats - reading from the experts here, it seems I would want to treat my seats with a leather conditioner with UV protectant.

First Al..welcome to DC

yes you have a dilema as most of us converible owners have....as good as any product is..the abuse of the sun and especially wind takes a lot out of leather seats and wears down protection quickly.

Yes your seats are coated like Tassadar said and using a water-based product will work best and not leave the seats etc..slick.

you must keep up on maintenence to keep it clean and looking new...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Thanks Dan and PB ... Dan, I think you are correct ... I`ll double check, but a vinyl-type leather sounds accurate.

So PB - seems like you have a ragtop as well ... wondering what you use on your seats, Natural Look? ... just placed a large order here with Dwayne including a gallon of the S&W - perhaps I need to place another order.

Post Thanks / Like

Seats

As an owner of a Lexus SC430 with Ecru interior, I used Einszett Lederpflege for the leather. Nice protection, no gloss, no offensive smells, very natural!

As for vinyl areas, I`ve used the 303 because of the UV protection and did not want that nasty "Armor-All" glossy look. The 303 has to be wiped, then it gets a matte finish. I had to read the application instructions again as at first I did not wipe, so it was a bit bright. Once I realized I had to wipe it off, it then was a nice matte finish. It`s all over the SC430 now, dash, door panels (lower) rubber seals for the convertible hardtop etc....

In the past, I used Megs #40, but now the 303 has replaced it in those areas needing UV protection. Even looks good in engine bay on hoses! Beats Megs EK spotting!

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Thread Information