Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

What`s the best thing to use before Poorboy`s EX?

About to order EX.

What`s the best product to use before Poorboy`s EX on a new finish? GEPC? VM? or, one of the Poorboy`s polishes. Which one ... I believe Poorboy`s carries 2 polishes. Or, should I just top S100 with EX?

Boss_429
    NHBFAN,

Nobody knows Poorboys products like Poorboy, and I`m sure he`ll be by with his suggestions. However, here`s what I plan on doing with his stuff:

First combo: His Pro Polish, followed by his EX.

Second combo: His Pro Polish, followed by a couple coats UPP, followed by his EX.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello...

There are endless poosibilities...it depends on how many different products you want to try to achieve a look you like.
    Either of Boss`s suggestions would be good and I`m sure there are a couple other good choices...all available here at premiumautocare.com
    The Professional Polish is a good and unique product, it works on clearcoats, paints,chrome(most people don`t realize chrome is a plating not a metal), metals, glass, plastic rear windows on convertibles, plexiglass shields on motorcycles,and hard plastics too.
    I can`t speak for the others.....
    but they all seem to agree with the EX
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Poorboy,

That leads me to another question. Will the Pro Polish remove the AIO, UPP, and carnauba that I have on my vehicle? Does it have any cleaning, abraisive qualities, or is it pretty much like a "glaze"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss it will take off all of the mentioned products...it is as pure a polish as I`ve seen with micro-abrasives that you really can`t feel and if you do, they are diminshing so you want feel it for long. If you were a heavy layerer(if that`s a word) , I would actually remove and use terry towels for the first application being that there will be quite a bit of old product build up to remove. It has no fillers, i really don`t believe in them other than a wax that can fill and hide when needed. Natty started a thread a while ago about filling vs. removal and I agree with the removal if possible.
    Did i hit the answer yet or should I go on? :lol

Boss_429
    Nope, no need to go on. You told me exactly what I needed to know. It will remove those products, therefore, I can use it to start my process from scratch if I so choose.

Boss_429
    Ooops............. I did think of one more question (and you thought this was going to be easy....... didn`t you? ). Anyhow, if the abrasives are diminishing, then application would require working the product in by hand or buffer until it disappears........... right?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes virtually until it disappears or turns to dust...when I see dusting beginning to occur not real light stuff but as you make passes and see mostly dust, it`s done and ready to be wiped off.
    the same can be said of the SSR line...

any more Boss

Post Thanks / Like
    "Poorboy`s Professional Polish can be used in the sun. It removes oxidation and road grime and returns the surface back to it`s original smooth, shiney and easy to maintain finish. Can be used by hand or by machine."

So, It seems its more abbrasive than AIO, PLatinum Cleaner...yet not as abbrasive as lets say Fine Cut products from meguiars and 3M;s??
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    The polish w/carnuba also work`s good on a new finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    actually if the weather is good tomorrow I will doing my car with the whole poorboys set up, from SSR3 to Pro Polish to EX topped with QD+. I will post pics.

Boss_429
    Originally posted by Thomasfl
    actually if the weather is good tomorrow I will doing my car with the whole poorboys set up, from SSR3 to Pro Polish to EX topped with QD+. I will post pics.
    Let us know what you think of those SSR polishes! Are you going to use a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like
    So..It looks like Dwayne didn`t put the some of the Poorboys products on the site..I didn;t see the SSR polish
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff...I understand he wanted to start with the meat and potatoes and will add the gravy soon...

Soon you`ll be looking for 22% Jeff

The SSR line is great ...Iv`e shown it to 30+ year body shop owners and they were no way...easy on ..easy off ...even the SSR3 leaves virtually no haze...
    I showed Natty the SSR3 with a rotary on a black Impala SS...he was in shock and then he compared it side by side by another popular heavy duty product , which you might have seen for sale, and there was no comparison...

Thomas just keep working it until you see it dusting ..then just wipe it off...that easy

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to use a pc with a cutting pad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information