Post Thanks / Like

Brought Back From the Abyss

The owner was totally preoccupied with his job for the past year or so - 16-hour days, maybe a weekend off once a month. The scratching was caused by improper (read non-Autopian) car washing by hand - he just didn`t know any better. HE DOES NOW!

This truck was detailed over 2 different days, 5 weeks apart with about 20 hours work altogether. Cold weather, Christmas and the owner`s work schedule interrupted the completion of this difficult resurrection. The truck was pretty much looking like the "Before" picture everywhere except the roof of the cab. All marring removed except for the occasioanl deep linear scratches. This was by far my toughest detail to date!

Menzerna Power Gloss or SSR2.5 and LC cutting pad followed by 1Z PP or Menzerna IP with LC orange and white pads as appropriate and finally Menzerna FP with LC gray pad. AIO and SG x 1. Makita on the horizontals (Somewhere in there the hood got some HITemp Extreme Cut and a wool pad), Metabo on the sides, PC in the tight curves by the side steps and PC everywhere to do the M`s FP. Hand work around the fog lights. AIO and SG by hand as well.
    Metabo, Makita, PC and a few spots by hand. Makita on the horizontals, Metabo on the sides, PC in the tight curves by the side steps and PC everywhere to do the M`s FP. Hand work around the fog lights. AIO and SG by hand as well.

I left the owner some SG for him to complete the resurrection and trained him in its use during both days of the job.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brought Back From the Abyss

It sure turned out nice! I can`t believe how shiny that is. I haven`t used the Extreme Leveler yet nor the Menzerna PowerGloss. How did you determine that you needed to use those products? Did you start with an orange pad and move to a wool after, or did you go straight to wool? The reason I`m asking is I`m a little scared to use a Rotary much less with a wool pad. But the results on the truck are stunning.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Good job!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely stunning work.

Post Thanks / Like

WHOA, WHAT A COMEBACK! I`ve seen too many vehicles in the "Before" condition to believe that any of them could be transformed into the BEAUTY you`ve created! Gonzo, that was a GREAT JOB!

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I based the need for pad and product combinations based on effectiveness. I started out mild and kept having to get more aggressive because they were not removing the marring. The hood was in such a mess that the only combination that was going to get the job done in finite time was wool and Extreme Cut. That combo covered the hood with holograms, but you could see that the scratches and what-hot that were there before had disappeared. Believe me, I was nervous using that combo and I was working it a bit, wiping off, working a bit more and wiping off a LOT. As soon as the original blems were toast, I just had to worry about the hologram removal, which was simple compared to the starting point. I might add that the hood was the worst part of the job - I didn`t use wool and extremely abrasve polishes on the whole vehicle.

I have some 6MB pictires if anyone is interested.

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

great looking job. you definately brought that thing back to life!

Post Thanks / Like

thats awesome. nice job..i hope my black truck comes out that nice.

Thread Information