Thread: Folex Use?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Folex Use?

A few questions for those of you that are using Folex for carpet cleaning.

1. Are you using it to clean the entire carpet area or just as a spot cleaner?

2. If you use it as a spot cleaner, what are you using for the remainder of the carpet and upholstery?

3. Do you always use it full strength? My carpet is seldom very dirty and I was considering using the Folex diluted with water about 25%. The fact that I usually clean it weekly helps keep it from getting too dirty.

4. Do you use the Folex according to their instructions? In other words, spray, let soak, agitate with fingers, blot up solution and dirt. I have always used a medium bristle brush with the cleaning product and then used a strong vacuum after the carpet has dried.

Charles

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Folex Use?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    1. Are you using it to clean the entire carpet area or just as a spot cleaner?
    I am using Folex for both spot cleaning and full carpet cleaning. Sometimes I use it in my Bissell Little Green, but the sprayer always gets clogged. So, I don`t use it often.

2. If you use it as a spot cleaner, what are you using for the remainder of the carpet and upholstery?
    I use Folex for the entire carpet. Sometimes I use Oxi-Clean for more stained carpets, but my understanding is that Oxi has more potential to bleach carpets compared to Folex.

3. Do you always use it full strength? My carpet is seldom very dirty and I was considering using the Folex diluted with water about 25%. The fact that I usually clean it weekly helps keep it from getting too dirty.
    When used out of a spray bottle I`ve always used Folex straight. However, I sometimes use it in my Bissell which requires me to dilute it maybe 4:1 or more and it`s still quite effective.

4. Do you use the Folex according to their instructions? In other words, spray, let soak, agitate with fingers, blot up solution and dirt. I have always used a medium bristle brush with the cleaning product and then used a strong vacuum after the carpet has dried.
    I only follow the instructions when I`m spot cleaning with the lone exception being that I use a brush instead of my finger. When I`m doing full carpet cleaning I usually do the following . . .

1. Wet the carpet down to assist the cleaner`s penetration into the carpet
    2. Spray Folex on the carpet generously (more generously on stains)
    3. Scrub with an upholstery brush
    4. If dealing with floor matts then I rinse them with water to help insure that there is no residue on the carpet fibers and to help with dirt removal
    5. Use my wet/dry vac to extract as much moisture as possible

All-in-all Folex is a great upholstery cleaner and I think you`ll like it if you try it. I`ve always found it to be very effective without ever noticing any bleaching of the carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

where can i purchase Folex.....?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockz9
    Wal*Mart, Home Depot, some hardware stores, some grocery stores. It`s pretty common around here.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockz9
    you can get it at Home Depot...Wal Mart...those are the 2 places I have gotten it at....or a Janitorial place if you have one near by...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like

Good Topic Charles.....

if i may ask a ?

How does folex perform v. apc for example Megs APC
    Have you found folex top dog v any cleaners...
    another day another dollar

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Spot cleaner only -

2. I use an in-house fabric cleaner from the local Meguiar`s distributor or one of the Bissell products.

3. Always full strength as a spot cleaner - Your idea of diluting it (4:1) for a general fabric cleaner does comply with the instructions for use with a carpet cleaning machine so it should be effective.

4. Use as directed (from the label)
    Simply apply a generous amount on the spot, agitate with finger tips and blot with absorbent cloth. SPOTS WILL DISAPPEAR INSTANTLY.
    I do vacuum vigorously before and after treatment, though the instructions state that vacuuming isn`t required. It also says no rinsing which implies that it leaves no residue behind.

Djmigs, I find Folex to be a quality product. It is not necessarily without equal. Nature`s Miracle, Kids `n Pets are also good spot cleaners. I can`t compare any with the Meg`s APC since the only Meg`s APC like product I own is Citri-Gel. But speaking for APCs in general, most foam a bit and require rinsing. I haven`t found that step necessary with the products mentioned above.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Djmigs
    Good Topic Charles.....

if i may ask a ?

How does folex perform v. apc for example Megs APC
    Have you found folex top dog v any cleaners...
    My experience with Folex is mostly on household carpet. I bought some for my wife to use instead of Resolve after I read about the residue left by many cleaners. Folex claims to not leave a residue that attracts dirt. She seems to be happy with it around the house.
    The discontinued Meguiar`s APC+ has always worked good for me. All our vehicles have OEM carpeted mats and I clean them often enough that it isn`t usually difficult. It doesn`t seem like the APC+ attracts more dirt, but since I clean them almost weekly, I can`t be sure of that. The GTP and the Corvette don`t get much abuse, but the Montana goes through some tough times during the winter and when it is rainy and muddy. We do travel on some crushed rock roads and that means we track quite a bit of stuff in the van at times. The Meg`s APC+ seems to take care of about anything but tar or oil stains. I use a tar remover on a shop rag for any tar or oil spots we have and then complete the cleaning process with the APC+. I do vacuum before and after the chemical cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Oxy as well but for me it seems to be more work to try & remove the white residue. I found Folex to work very well for me diluted 4:1. I`ll spray quite a bit on very dirty areas & light spray the rest of the carpet, brush & spray more as required.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this today! Before I vacuumed I brush the seats and carpet with a stiff brush.You would be amazed on how much dirt came out. Even some dirt stains on the mats came out.

Thread Information