Post Thanks / Like

Process after wetsanding?

OKay so I got my car back from the bodyshop today. I guess they wetsanded the car after they painted part of it. After wetsanding it, somehow they forgot to polish the whole back of the car. I hae a PC orbital polusher and some poor boys polish along with the polishing pad kit. Can some one please tell me what steps i should use and what pads i should use? What is the difference between the colors of the pads? I think I`d use the SSR 2.5 then go to the 1 then after that id use the Poorboys Polish with carnuba blue. Pretty sure i got the order right but i have no idea what pad to use. Also when polishing it, how much pressure do you apply. Im always so nervous about burning the paint

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Process after wetsanding?

What kind and color of pads do you have? Your description is very vague so it`ll be hard to help you out. If this is your first time using the PC I would just recomend that you take it back to the body shop and have them fix it because they are the ones that screwed it up.

But if you do want to try it out it`ll be a lot of work with the SSR 2.5. Someone on here just recently polished out wetsand marks but I think it took many many passes to get it out. Do you know what grit paper that they used? Or have a picture of the damage? If they are too deep then you probably wouldn`t be able to remove them with SSR 2.5 and the PC. Check out this thread I mentioned earlier:
    http://www.detailcity.org/forums/det...anding+ssr+2.5
    It`ll take a lot of time if you are going to try it yourself. I suggest reading up a lot about the PC and SSR 2.5 if you are going to go this route because it seems you are fairly new to the tools. Some good links to help with that:
    http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/ssr.html (check out the video there too)

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/poo...mount-use.html

You shouldn`t have too much of a concern with burning the paint with the PC. It is a random orbital polisher which means the pad isn`t on the same patch of paint all of the time = reduction of heat = no burns. This can also be your enemy in this situation though because a rotary (I`m not recomending it if your new) works products in faster and easier.

So now that I probably scared you a little, I think that you might be able to do it yourself. Just a warning, you won`t see results right away! Don`t panic if you do one section with the 2.5 and only see minimal difference. It takes time. So fill us in with some more info and we can go from there.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. I`ve spent 3 hours just on a trunk. Take it back. A rental will be cheaper than your fear.
    But...if you want some practice before hand, go to `er.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

HEY CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finnally getting her back.. listen come over the house and we`ll getter done ok..

BEEEP BEEPP done

OK I just got off of the phone with him...

Edge 2k pads
    He used the yellow,blue and white
    2.5 1 PwC

It looks 1000% better.. and he will post after pic`s because he didn`t take befores..

Thread Information