Post Thanks / Like

Michelin Tire Shine

What is everyone getting durability wise with this one?

For me a drop of water and its gone....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michelin Tire Shine

well it is waterbased which is the reason it doesnt last too long. but agian, all i use on my personal vehicle is waterbased dressings. if it were up to looks and durabilty i would use eagle one wet buffed down, but like i said i prefer waterbased dressings for my tires.

i guess the initial appearance and sheen of the dressing can go away after maybe 3-4 days but my tires stay black, unless it rains, which without a doubt washes away. which is another reason why i like it, it washes off easily.

cough cough:: black magic tire gel which attracts dirt and takes simplegreen full strength to clean off

michellins dressing has a different look tho, which at tiems i prefer a bit more, depending on my mood i guess. it has a good sheen and dull black color, while for example if i use BnB it gives me a lower sheen, richer black color...

in the end i always go running back to BnB

Post Thanks / Like

JeffM.......I`m curious. Do you have Michelin tires?

The reason I ask is that I have found that the Michelin tires on my Acura take tire dressings a little differently than, say, my wife`s Malibua which has Bridgestones on them. By this I mean if I apply Poorboys for instance to both cars my Acura`s Michelins definitely look darker and a bit brighter.

I haven`t used the Michelin brand but I`ve tried a dozen or so other brands and by and large I usually get a nice dark shean with whatever dressing I`m using. Could it be the rubber that`s used???????????

Dunno, maybe it`s a cosmic thing!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

actually. all rubber is different. my continental tires absorbed and looked better dressed with any dressing when compared to my cooper tires which are harder and absorb less, which is another reason i prefer waterbased dressings that dry to the touch.

Post Thanks / Like

I am actually getting very good durability out of this stuff. While the rain has subsided a little bit lately, this stuff is hanging tough. I actually went a washing without dressing the tires. I just washed with some soapy water and dried the tires, and they had a deep, rich black look.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    I am actually getting very good durability out of this stuff. While the rain has subsided a little bit lately, this stuff is hanging tough. I actually went a washing without dressing the tires. I just washed with some soapy water and dried the tires, and they had a deep, rich black look.
    I have to agree with JaredPointer, I have had grat durability. I love the tire shine and the brake dust shield. I like the water based products, they do not cause the buildup and they clean off so much easier.

Is there any water based dressing that gives a higher shine? For when I am feeling a littel crazy!!!
    05 Grey Volvo S60
    05 Silver Toyota Tacoma Prerunner (TRD Sport Package)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greyS60
    Is there any water based dressing that gives a higher shine? For when I am feeling a littel crazy!!!

Try Mothers FX Tire Shine. It is also water based and has pretty decent durabiltiy.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s not water-based, but I`ve been using Armor All Extreme Tire shine with great success. The funny thing is if you go against the directions and apply it with say an Eagle 1 tire swipe it ends up looking like VRT, but you can hit it full blast with a pressure washer and it just hangs on. And when I want to take it off I just need to hit it with some Simple Green or Bleche White, it comes right off. I only bought it to get a free 6 months to Motor Trend (great magazine, especially free) but I tried it when I didn`t want to waste VRT on my beater (the primered CRX) and it blew me away.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Thread Information