Post Thanks / Like

Oxidation on vinyl siding

Does anyone have a magic formula for removing oxidation on vinyl siding? I know there are a few DC`ers that are doing some house pressure washing, and was wondering if there was a great 1)formula of stuff I can mix myself or 2) product I can buy off the shelf for cleaning up the vinyl siding on my house. I`ll be using a pressure washer to apply/rinse.

Moderators -- I couldn`t decide which forum this belongs in, so feel free to move it!

Thanks,

DavidM

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oxidation on vinyl siding

While I don`t have an answer, I do remember seeing products for cleaning vinyl house siding for sale recently.
    Now, that could have been at Menard`s, Home Depot or Wal*Mart.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I know....I tried the Zep brand from Home Depot, but was rather disappointed in it. It cleaned some basic surface dirt off, but so does a quick blast with the pressure washer. I was hoping someone would have the `home-brewed` recipe that would do the trick.

My wife mentioned something about a product from Clorox that`s designed for vinyl siding. I may have to track it down and see whether it works better.

Pressure Washing Mafia Squirtgun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PWing is our main line of work so hopefully I can help you.

Sad fact is you`ll need to rinse every inch of the vinyl no matter what you use.There is a homebrew that will help you get a nice result in conjuntion with a small amount of pressure.

In a 5 gallon bucket mix 3 gallons ultra bleach(store brands are fine)
    2 caps of tide or any other laundry detergent and last but not least about 4 oz of a liquid car wax. Top off the bucket with water.
    Applied with the chemical injector on the machine you have or use it in a pump up sprayer(you`ll use more with the pump up sprayer but the concentration on the house will be stronger).Apply chemicals from the bottom up and rinse from the top down.Use the widest fan pattern you have while rinsing and stay about 6" from the surface of the vinyl.

If it`s a job you don`t want to tackle I know several pressure washing contractors in NC that would do a great job for you.

This is our website:http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...pid=196171&ck=
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

Squirtgun,

Thanks for the recipe! Yeah, about two years ago, I covered every square inch of the outside of the house with the pressure washer. There`s definitely no shortcuts there, but your mixture sounds like it will do the job to get the vinyl clean.

Thanks again!

-DavidM

Post Thanks / Like

If the siding is really faded not sure anything can be done, have seen some
    colors of siding that have been let go and nothing will help them. I have been
    using this product twice a year, spring/fall with pressure washer and have great results. Roll Off 1 Gallon RO-128$23.95
    California Customers: This product does not meet California`s Air Resources Board, Consumer Products Regulations which limits the amount of active ingredients (VOC`s) that can be in a specific product. We`re sorry but we can not ship this product into California.

Need assistance? Speak with one of our car appearance experts at
    800-628-7596 or send us an email.
    http://www.properrvcare.com/index.html
    find it under washing products, I end up using a gallon for entire ranch house,I use small spray bottle for spot jobs the rest hooks up to pressure washer. Wash house first then add chemical let sit then rinse off.

Thread Information