PDA

View Full Version : Oxo duster seems to be sratching

nappyjim
04-20-2005, 01:49 PM
My oxo duster seems to scratch my paint. Ive had it stored in its "bag" Only used to to get dust of a clean car.

I just got done waxing my car, and Im inspecting the hood closesly and notice some dust. I grab the OXO and wipe it gently over the hood. Then I see a new scratch! I inspected the OXO brush and did not see any foriegn material on it.

Im scared to use it now. Could I just use a MF towl to remove dust?

mgm2003
04-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Spray and wipe or QD & a clean MF towel is safer IMO -especially if you have a black finish.

seracis
04-20-2005, 02:50 PM
:up on the QD and MF.

rollman
04-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Give the thing a few good shakes before and during use. Don`t lay the duster on the surface . Make sure you keep those strands hanging straight up and down . Let the paraffin wax attack the dust They do work with out marring the surface but you need to use them correctly.

From the OXO web site

Use & Care

Before Use

For best results, remove Duster from packaging and place yarn side down on several sheets of newspaper for several hours up to one day. This will absorb excess paraffin from the yarn.

Storage

Each cotton strand has been treated with a special paraffin wax that makes it more effective at picking up dust. This wax is safe for cleaning all finishes; however the Duster should not be left out on any surface when not in use. The wax may be absorbed by porous surfaces such as cloth, untreated wood and carpet. Store the Duster in the enclosed bag to keep dust from dirtying the inside of your closet or vehicle.

Replacement & Cleaning

The Duster yarn can be fully removed for cleaning or replacement. Remove the yarn by unsnapping it from the top of the Duster body.

Shake out the Duster to remove dust after each use. If needed, the Duster yarn can be washed in cold water. Lay flat or hang to

wannafbody
04-20-2005, 05:55 PM
is it possible the scratch you think you see might not be a strip of wax from the yarn of the duster?

nappyjim
04-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by wannafbody

is it possible the scratch you think you see might not be a strip of wax from the yarn of the duster?

WEll I tried buffing it with a MF towel and it didnt go away.