PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Towels--Meguiars?

e46_325xi
05-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had tried out the Meguiars Waffle Weave Drying Towel (being sold on meguiars.com). If so, how does it compare to the Big Blue or Big Grey waffle weave drying towels being sold by CMA? Or how does it compare with other waffle weave drying towels in general, for that matter. In particular, what is its propensity to swirl/scratch compared to the other towels?

Also, anyone know about any good deals on high-quality MF towels (i.e. those guaranteed 110% not to swirl/scratch)? The CMA Miracle towels seem too pricey.

Thanks much.

Stu
05-13-2003, 05:45 PM
I have been using PakShak towels, also there waffel for drying. Ranney is a great guy to deal with and has an excellent product:up . I wouldn`t trust my "goat" with anything else.

www.pakshak.com

Stu

shaf
05-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Welcome to Autopia e46_325xi :welcome

If anyone`s ever used the Meguiar`s Waffle Weave I`ve never heard of it (or even heard that Megs is selling this now), but if they have hopefully they`ll speak up.

Scottwax
05-13-2003, 11:10 PM
I`ve used their regular MF towel and wasn`t all that impressed. I don`t like the hem all the way around it, and it feels too thin.

godofthunder
05-14-2003, 09:05 AM
can you use PakShaks stuff to remove wax and polish haze too?

Jon

shaf
05-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by godofthunder

can you use PakShaks stuff to remove wax and polish haze too?

Jon You mean just like every other terry-weave MF towel out there? :D

Yes.

Tim Lingor
05-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Hi Brian,

Yes Megs is now making the waffle weave towel. I have been trying to locate one for a couple of months now. Apparently, they will not be sold in Canada!:down

They were on the Megs site before, I will see if I can find a link.

shaf
05-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by 2hotford

Apparently, they will not be sold in Canada!:down Why am I not surprised? :p

Scott301
06-21-2003, 11:22 PM
I was watching the Meguiar`s Training video on how to remove paint defects and they talk about how their MF towels are superior to all others because the threads are cut in the shape of a triangle resulting in particles being picked up off the paint better than any other MF towel. However, I`m not sure if it is true.

Brad

Nikon
06-22-2003, 12:39 AM
I have four of their MF towels and the hem is made out of very course nylon. After the hem scratching the hood of my wifes car I cut the hem off all of them. They are OK towels but won`t buy any more of them because of this. Besides Irecently recieved a number of Autopia UDTs and they are absolutely fabulous. I also have a collection of Pakshak towels and their very as well.

Bottom line is I won`t be buying any more Mequiar`s towels because of the unsuitable hem and as Scottwax said they are quite thin. There are many other better choices and so far my preference is for the autopia UDT.