PDA

View Full Version : Not getting good beading out of AJT

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BMW335i
03-22-2007, 08:40 PM
My first application of AJT was somewhere in the beginning of February. I maintained it with an application after each wash since then..so there is definetly enough product on there.

The beading is just poor...GRANTED my car IS dirty with a descent layer of road film on it. But I heard with a good sealant beading will last through the film. I hand polished with Prime in the beginning of February.

I just can`t help but think the protection is lacking...

Pics to come...

imported_DieselMDX
03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
A dirty car does not bead well, I had AJT on my mdx and it beading very nicely

BMW335i
03-22-2007, 08:46 PM
A dirty car does not bead well, I had AJT on my mdx and it beading very nicely

So I shouldn`t expect good beading from any sealant or wax when the car is dirty? It hasn`t been washed in about 2 weeks.

GlossyTundra
03-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I just dont get it either. It doesnet bead well for me either, no matter what I do.

imported_DieselMDX
03-22-2007, 08:47 PM
So I shouldn`t expect good beading from any sealant or wax when the car is dirty? It hasn`t been washed in about 2 weeks.

Dont get me wrong the car still should bead a little but wash it then the car will bead like crazy

BMW335i
03-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Dont get me wrong the car still should bead a little but wash it then the car will bead like crazy

I`m just dissappointed. It is beading somewhat, compared to my non-protected parents cars, but I`m starting to think it can`t compete with a wax like 845 as far as protection and beading. I applied 845 to my wheels and simply powerwashed them with water while they still had tons of brakedust on them, and they were beading really nicely.

atticdog
03-22-2007, 08:54 PM
you wont get good beading when a car is dirty no matter what wax or sealant you use

protection is still there but dirt doesnt bead water

but also sealants tend to sheet water more than bead which produces less water spots after the car dries

imported_DieselMDX
03-22-2007, 08:56 PM
I`m just dissappointed. It is beading somewhat, compared to my non-protected parents cars, but I`m starting to think it can`t compete with a wax like 845 as far as protection and beading. I applied 845 to my wheels and simply powerwashed them with water while they still had tons of brakedust on them, and they were beading really nicely.

I know collinite beads like crazy so it is possible it is better than AJT in that area.

BMW335i
03-22-2007, 08:59 PM
you wont get good beading when a car is dirty no matter what wax or sealant you use

protection is still there but dirt doesnt bead water

but also sealants tend to sheet water more than bead which produces less water spots after the car dries

How am I supposed to measure the level of protection on my paint then?

Any car, protected or not, beads when the paint is clean. My dads 9 year old Lexus beads just after a wash and has NEVER seen a wax or sealant in its life.

sftempest66
03-22-2007, 09:00 PM
I`m getting OK beading on my Mom`s Acura that I did with Prime/AJ. It still falls right off and maintains a slick surface...What products from Collonite would you guys recommend for ultimate durability on cars, the only Collonite products that I have ever used were for marine applications, such as the Fleet wax...

atticdog
03-22-2007, 09:01 PM
wash it then look at the beads then you will see them change as the lsp wears off

you think you will see beads like this on an unwaxed/sealed car?

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_3112.jpg

budman3
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Plus you are comparing a carnauba (Collinite 845) and a sealant AJT. I find that some sealants don`t bead rather they sheet the water. Beading shouldn`t be your #1 estimation for durability because you may be using a product that doesn`t bead well... I believe UPP is one sealant that doesn`t bead that well... but use a canauba wax and beads gallore. I haven`t used AJT so I don`t know if it is one of those sealants that doesn`t bead. Plus the dirsty car doesn`t help the situation either.

atticdog
03-22-2007, 09:04 PM
I`m getting OK beading on my Mom`s Acura that I did with Prime/AJ. It still falls right off and maintains a slick surface...What products from Collonite would you guys recommend for ultimate durability on cars, the only Collonite products that I have ever used were for marine applications, such as the Fleet wax...

collinite 845 855/476(same product)

BMW335i
03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
wash it then look at the beads then you will see them change as the lsp wears off

you think you will see beads like this on an unwaxed/sealed car?

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_3112.jpg

I don`t even have that type of beading when its washed, wow. Whats on there? - including the polish..

sftempest66
03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
collinite 845 855/476(same product)

The insulator wax? I`ve used that on boats and have never thought to use it on cars/trucks! What kind of durability would I be looking at with 845?