PDA

View Full Version : griots undercarriage spray

CarDesign
02-13-2005, 05:22 PM
what do you guys think about the griots undrcarriage spray for the wheel wells? this stuff really work? does it only clean or leave it looking black?

audiboy
02-13-2005, 10:27 PM
my buddy uses it on all of his cars and swears by it. all you have to do is wash the car, spray it on afterwards and let it dry. it makes a huge difference. the shine it leaves depends on how generously you apply it.

Jon P. Nusbaum
02-14-2005, 05:45 AM
It`s a great product. I have been using it for over a year and keep 4 bottles of it in stock. It leaves wheel wells very dark black in appearance.

pt91
02-14-2005, 08:21 AM
I hv been thinking about trying this as well (on the SUV).

I hv heard that it can really leave a mess on your drive/garage floor, so plan accordingly.

OT, audiboy, where in AR?

Bob
02-14-2005, 08:35 AM
How long does it last? I have been thinking of picking some up.

Thanks!

Jon P. Nusbaum
02-14-2005, 02:20 PM
You must wash wheel wells first,then spray mist,not heavy. I have not had any problems with slinging on driveway. It will last like the wells were painted until you go through mud. I`am surprised that not more of fellow detailers have not found this great working product. :dj

Bob
02-14-2005, 02:31 PM
You must wash wheel wells first,then spray mist,not heavy. I have not had any problems with slinging on driveway. It will last like the wells were painted until you go through mud. I`am surprised that not more of fellow detailers have not found this great working product. :dj

I think a lot of the people on these boards would rather take their wheels off and clean the wheel wells good and put a protectant on them rather than just spray them. That is probably why you don`t hear of it too much.

audiboy
02-15-2005, 01:53 AM
not to mention that griots is usually pretty expensive. my wheels tuck in my fenders pretty tightly and not much of my wheel well is visable. that and my rear wheel wells are covered with a rough fabric liner. it would probably be nice for customer cars though.

NEW AGAIN
02-15-2005, 02:23 AM
I use floorwax[MOPNGLO] mix with 2 cups of water last for about 2weeks for me and only cost $1 @ dollar store

TDMAN
02-15-2005, 04:34 PM
I bought some undercarriage spray from PAC. Man, I love that stuff!! It`s made by sprayaway and Nick told me about it. It sure is easy to use. It must be a similar product to what you are using. Not everybody here is going to take the wheels off to clean the wheel wells.

runnerbl
02-20-2005, 11:32 PM
I use stoners Trim Shine.....Only 1.99 a can. Probably not cost efficient if I did alot of cars, but for just mine it works great.